Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the people who care about post counts, a solution to the OT posts not counting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still think that the posts in Off Topic should be counted if there's a post count. However it's a lot quieter now that the requirements for custom avatars were lowered significantly.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I think they should too

and AH. . i would have set the diety limit even lower, probably emporer at 2000 and diety at 3000, but then i KNEW someone would say "you just want to be diety. . "

check my post count bucko, it's less than 4000 still.

(it SHOULD be almost 5000, but i made 200 some posts with another login i used for a while, pluse an 800 PCR on black saturday )
      -connorkimbro
      "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Read the goddamn titles of my (previous) posts: I'm only kidding

"I don't believe in "Grandfathering"."

Ok, how many more people are there that took my ideas above serious?

I think I better stop before I actually start convincing people.
        Last edited by Colonâ„¢; June 8, 2001, 09:10.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Just abolish post counts, altogther. Let nothing stand.
          This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

the "postcount = postcount + 1" thing is something i brought over from another forum.

Huh? *looks at your registration date*

Nope, sorry, bud. That thing (postcount=postcount+1) was around LONG before you ever got here.
            -connorkimbro
            "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

+1 is much simpler.
              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I still don't get it.

Comment

why actually 32 for chieftain not 30?

Comment

Originally posted by connorkimbro
                    the "postcount = postcount + 1" thing is something i brought over from another forum.

Huh? *looks at your registration date*

Nope, sorry, bud. That thing (postcount=postcount+1) was around LONG before you ever got here.
                    how am i to know? someone asked me what it meant and i answered him. everyone else may know what it meant, but apparently Ecthelion did not. it may well have been here for a long time, but the first i encountered it was a long time before i came here on another site's forums.
                    Electioneer

Comment

The thing that pisses me off most is that due to some server malfunction I lost all my post count just before the new rule. Now I am forever stuck at 'warlord' (and I am a pacifist!!)

MarkG refused to set me back to 'prince' because I didn't have any proof I was one ...

Comment

Lightening, I've said that before, but appears people like to debate about post-counts so abolishing it is a non-starter. (otherwise they wouldn't have anything to debate about anymore, you see)

Rogan, can't you call in witnesses or something like that?
                        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Colon
                          Rogan, can't you call in witnesses or something like that?
                          Nah, nobody has any clue who I am, and I can't say I blame them

Comment

Don't they realize that abolishing the post count for OT posts merely forces those OT people to post in sections where decent people are trying to have serious discussions? Let me tell you, they are soooo annoying. Take me for an example...
                            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogan Josh

Nah, nobody has any clue who I am, and I can't say I blame them
                              I can be your witness, Rogan. I remember.

If MarkG asks, he was indeed a prince, and lost his numbers during the last major crash, before the forum change.
                              I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                              i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                                why actually 32 for chieftain not 30?
                                Yes...I was wondering that myself as well...

Comment

Working...
                                X