Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the people who care about post counts, a solution to the OT posts not counting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the people who care about post counts, a solution to the OT posts not counting.

And since post counts, don't matter, then i don't see why anyone would object!

When the current levels were created (emporer at 3000, diety at 10000, etc) that was when OT posts DID count. Therefore, since people post ALOT more frequently in the OT, it didn't matter as much.

I think since OT posts don't count anymore (and it really doesn't matter if they do count or not) then to satisfy those few complainers, it would be good to at least lower the required posts for certain levels. To make up for only On Topic posts being counted.

I'd propose the following

Chieftan - 32
    Warlord - 100
    Prince - 500
    King - 1000
    Emporer - 3000
    Diety - 5000

Some of those are the same as now, some are alot lower. What do ya'll think?
    -connorkimbro
    "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

me me me

I think you want to be a Deity.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

A new solution

Since the system now can tell how many posts / day one has made.
      We could utilize it too to create a new spuertitle.

Example:
      If you have more than 20 posts/day you get the title: <b>Spammer</b>
      Since some, like MarkG and DanQ have own titles they aren't affected

Comment

Re: me me me

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
        I think you want to be a Deity.
        ditto.

and,
        postcount = postcount + 1
        Electioneer

Comment

not being serious of course...

Why don't we let titles depend on the amount of characters people type on average in each post? The 'heavier' their posts the higher the title.
          The highest title you could achieve would be "MichaelTheGreat", the lowest "Andz83".

Characters that constitute a smilie of course wouldn't count, but periods would, to encourage people to end their sentences properly.
          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Re: For the people who care about post counts, a solution to the OT posts not counting.

Originally posted by connorkimbro
            I'd propose the following

Chieftan - 32
            Warlord - 100
            Prince - 500
            King - 1000
            Emporer - 3000
            Diety - 5000

As I am on 913 posts, it wouldn't really make a bloody difference to me...

Comment

Re: not being serious of course...

Originally posted by Colon
              The highest title you could achieve would be "MichaelTheGreat", the lowest "Andz83".
              ROTFALARP!!!

Comment

Any one who ignores subject titles and didn't realise I was joking?

"And for the idea of counting characters, what about people posting whole Newspapers ??"

Well, in that case, let's hope it are interesting papers they post.

We could appoint a post checker, who controls whether people are posting content that is relevant to prevent them from copying and pasting irrelevant articles etc

[EDIT]: This post should be dated 3 hours later, after rixxe's.
                Last edited by Colonâ„¢; June 7, 2001, 15:50.
                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Re: For the people who care about post counts, a solution to the OT posts not counting.

Originally posted by connorkimbro
                  Chieftan - 32
                  Warlord - 100
                  Prince - 500
                  King - 1000
                  Emporer - 3000
                  Diety - 5000

Some are a lot lower ?? The only one to be lower is Deity,...

And for the idea of counting characters, what about people posting whole Newspapers ??

Comment

be merciful and don't flame the n00b

this sure is alot of trouble to go to in order to monitor and regulate postcounting. if that's what floats your boat, go ahead. i guess i'm not the one "post-checking" and the like.

just don't interfere with my life goal of attaining the awe-inspiring title of "chieftan."
                    Last edited by Electioneer; June 7, 2001, 15:32.
                    Electioneer

Comment

Read subject titles, it's for your own good

The site administrators could always hire more people. You have enough nutcases around here who are willing to do this for free.(they could also attract newbies with the prospect of an avatar without having to meet the standards)

It would be an investment in the quality of posts, almost without costs.

Comment

Re: Re: me me me

Originally posted by Electioneer

ditto.

and,
                        postcount = postcount + 1
                        huh?

explain...

Comment

No the lowest title would be AH. I've seen countless posts of his that are
                          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I don't believe in "Grandfathering".
                            Why not go back in the records and subtract the number of posts each poster has made on the OT, then adjust the ratings accordingly?
                            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: me me me

Originally posted by Ecthelion

huh?

explain...
                              the "postcount = postcount + 1" thing is something i brought over from another forum. it is basically the reason for the inception of this thread. as FireDragon noted:
                              FireDragon:
                              No the lowest title would be AH. I've seen countless posts of his that are .
                              it is annoying when people post to up their postcount. it was a failed attempt at a humor that should not have even been attempted. i have absolutely no tenure here, and i am st00pid.

that is all.
                              Electioneer

Comment

Working...
                              X