No announcement yet.

Post Count Democratization Movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, when the Post Count addition feature was taken away from the OT, I dedided that I would not visit the OT as often.
    Doesn't just prove the point that post counts have an effect on forum behavior, which is not exactly what we want here? So long as there are post counts and people want to post to boost their count, forumming won't be going about as naturally as possible.
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Why does it matter if someone wants to boost their post counts. There are adequate anti-spamming measures and punishments in place, and the balance on Apolyton was pretty good! Post-count democratisation pah!
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Re: A universally loved internet legend speaks

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
        I have noticed that as my post count has increased, the love and respect for me from other posters has grown and grown also.
        People have come to love...err...tolerate you more, Cav. But of course your starting point, well...

Comment

Get over it. The posts in the OT don't count anymore so where is this massive spamming comming from. I can't talk for the rest of the forums, but in the AC forums no one that I have seen spams to increase their post count. Posts are always on topic. You civers may have a problem with spam, but not us SMACers.
          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Well I'll re-iterate my proposal: why not just get rid of post counts all-toghether? Then there's no need for mods battling post-count related spam. (not all spam is because of post counts)

And Mark and Dan would no longer have to stand all the whining related to this topic.
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Mirror mirror on the wall

All my posts are lovingly crafted. They make me feel like a woman.
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

The title system is just a little fun. And encourages people to stay loyal to and visit Apolyton. It also fits in well with the Civ theme. Lighten up!

BTW, the sex of you title is changed on request, so that point is technically incorrect.

Lots of your points are just PC nonsense.

No Marxist revoulutions at Apolyton please...
                "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
                --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Hey I don't care whether the mods and the site owners are cruel tyrants or not and I certainly don't mind the titles. (I'm emperor after all)

I just find that killing post counts would have practical advantages: no more post counts related to spamming, or rules fighting that (the less rules the better) and no more whining about post counts cuts or whatever.
                  Last edited by Colonâ„¢; June 3, 2001, 09:50.
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Yeah, Right...

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                    All my posts are lovingly crafted. They make me feel like a woman.
                    If you feel like a woman, why does Mrs. Horse keep poping out colts?
                    I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                    i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Working...
                    X