No announcement yet.

To Iskandar Reza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That makes you Apolyton's version of HARDMAN.

Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Not quite...

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
      That makes you Apolyton's version of HARDMAN.

No profanity is permitted through this login.
      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

DL

Originally posted by cpoulos
        But i will say this: cp is not my only identity at apolyton
        http://www.planetacol.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/015461.html

Presumably MtG will now restrict cpoulos in the same way that he restricted Kitty?
        (+1)

Comment

That's a 7 day ban right there.
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
            That's a 7 day ban right there.
            Originally posted by andye Presumably MtG will now restrict cpoulos in the same way that he restricted Kitty?
            Bad news guys, but that's not me.
            I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by AnnC
              cpoulos - I am no friend of MtG, let me assure you. And unlike MtG, I am a real Southerner. I was born and bred in South Carolina, and educated in Virginia. Therefore, I am quite capable of identifying an obnoxious Yankee on my own.
              The only good those two states have ever done is to drag the rest of the south into a war and give us a bad name. Come farther south if you want to see what real southerners are like.
              Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by cpoulos
                Bad news guys, but that's not me.
                My point is that MtG extended Kitty's ban on pretty much the same flimsy evidence. BTW if its not you on ACOL who stole your handle and posting style?
                (+1)

Comment

Originally posted by andye

My point is that MtG extended Kitty's ban on pretty much the same flimsy evidence. BTW if its not you on ACOL who stole your handle and posting style?
                  I couldn't say, but it isn't difficult to copy the way I post.
                  Straight forward and to the point. In fact, anyone's style can be copied if a little effort is put into it.

Getting back to the Kitty thing, the ban length was for taunting, wasn't it?
                  AFAIK, the penalty time is at the discretion of the Admins and their moderators, not a set limit.
                  I said it earlier, and will say it again, if you push them, they will push back.
                  Plus all of this is good PR for ACOL, isn't it?

Comment

Once again, Kitty wasn't banned for her DL's - she was banned for specific acts against the rules here, then after she was banned, she said in effect, it doesn't matter, I'll post here anyway.

I haven't had either the time or the inclination to hunt for Kitty DL's in the last few days, the possible ones (new posters trolling in the OT) haven't been TOO outrageous, so unless something really changes from Kitty or her DL legion suddenly shows up and runs amok, the 21 day portion of the ban will be dropped. The length of the 20 is subject to discussion as well.

My point was made - when people banned for violating the rules essentially say they don't care, because they'll just bypass the ban anytime they want, then the penalty goes up - if they chill out, and I see no signs Kitty hasn't, then it goes back down.

Despite his proven DL's, Steve5304 still ended up with only a small fraction of the 38 days he worked himself up to. Kitty probably won't do much more, if any, than the original ten days, because she has chilled out and abided by the ban as far as I can see.

That's essentially the same way I've handled every ban of more than a day.
                    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

It's just a lot more fun to heap a bunch on the front end, eh?

That might work in parenting as well: "I'm sorry, son, it looks like its the .357 for you on this one."
                      Then he'll think a brisk caning was a real treat.
                      Life and death is a grave matter;
                      all things pass quickly away.
                      Each of you must be completely alert;
                      never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

Please don't breed.
                        My brand new sig, written by Mr MarkG. (he didn't like the one about Ming being a goofy toofy.

"ok, fine.
                        from now on, i can refer to this thread whenever someone mentions acol as a place of freedom where you can post whatever you want and where noone is banned...."
                        --MarkG

and by MikeH
                        she's only illegal because of your ridiculous age of consent ages.

Comment

(pouring gasoline on flame war...)

Anybody else notice how efete the ACOLytes seem?

Comment

You mean effete?

As in

characterized by decadence, overrefinement, or overindulgence

or effete as in,

no longer able to reproduce
                            My brand new sig, written by Mr MarkG. (he didn't like the one about Ming being a goofy toofy.

"ok, fine.
                            from now on, i can refer to this thread whenever someone mentions acol as a place of freedom where you can post whatever you want and where noone is banned...."
                            --MarkG

and by MikeH
                            she's only illegal because of your ridiculous age of consent ages.

Comment

sheesh a spelling kvetch!

Either meaning is fine. It's a fancy word for wimpy.

Comment

Originally posted by ACOLKitty
                                Please don't breed.
                                Too late.

Thankfully, you've opted out on it yourself.
                                Life and death is a grave matter;
                                all things pass quickly away.
                                Each of you must be completely alert;
                                never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

Working...
                                X