Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since you brought up the subject...

Originally posted by Zorro's Z
    So people get banned here after being accused of being a DL, without real proof??
    Ironic, this complaint coming from a DL.

Logons Zorro's Z, Voltage, Tiamo and Delete are all DL's of the same poster.

You get to keep one, if you'd like. Email me and let me know which one. (edit - taken care of)

PS - Ann, you're the one who came here and got insulting, so if you get patronized by others, look in the mirror. It's your own conduct that brought it on. You reap what you sow.
    Last edited by MichaeltheGreat; May 29, 2001, 15:42.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

SuperSneak and cpoulos - all are welcome at ACOL, even the obnoxious. So if Stark Fist of Removal wants to come back and bring his buddies, he can do so and we'll enjoy it as much as we've enjoyed the other trolls who have come and gone.

And to answer your question, SuperSneak, here's what I'm trying to accomplish: I find it appalling that Apolyton treat their users the way they do. And I want to let the Apolyton banned know that there's another place they can go. This shouldn't trouble Apolyton since they obviously don't want the people they've banned to be here.

Furthermore, let me point out that my posting this thread raised the visibility of Iskandar's situation and got him un-banned. I think that's a pretty significant accomplishment.
      Last edited by AnnC; May 29, 2001, 13:35.
      ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

Doesn't ring true...

Ha Ha, three swipes! You're quite the little spitfire, Annie!
        Of course, that this is really so you can promote your site goes without saying, eh Annie?
        I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
        i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

yes it is.

thank you AnnC

to Ming, SuperSneak,

I'm not mad. i'm surprised it happened to me, little low profile me. but then, it's because i'm low profile that it happened.

aah. don't worry about it.

but can i have a custom avatar?
          Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
          Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
          "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

I see your point entirely, Ann, but I think that everyone needs to remember that the origins of these problems are in miscommunication, not in malice.
            You are turning this into an "us vs. them" situation, with bad intent.
            I really enjoy ACOL and its style. I also enjoy Apolyton.

I think trolling is generally tactless, and, though you claim its all funny ha-ha all around, I don't agree...stupid as they were, Stark's posts were pretty hateful and rude. Whether they are taken that way or not by their targets is another thing.

You seem to have made it your personal crusade to criticize this site all of a sudden, which, coming from a site owner, seems highly unprofessional. Maybe you see it as a golden opportunity to get more posters? I don't know...but you and Mike are both class people, though obviously different, and this credits no one.

And in the middle of all this, you don't seem to acknowledge at all that your site members decided initially to come here and stir up trouble--you only defend them in the fallout. I guess its a big yuck to you that Kitty comes here and makes racist remarks? What's the justification for that? Oh, its just a joke, I see. Well I was essentially joking about Ice being her DL, but it had negative repurcussions, didn't it?

I'm certainly not innocent, but try to keep with the spirit of both sites...

I'm not saying you have to like Apolyton, how it's run, who runs it, what is stands for...but it has a massive membership and it would surely be chaotic if it didn't have some rules...your smaller traffic flow insures that ACOL can take the reins off.

I think you and Mike both are lowering yourselves...that a sense of objectivity has been lost.

*sigh* Why are Mommy and Daddy yelling?*
            Life and death is a grave matter;
            all things pass quickly away.
            Each of you must be completely alert;
            never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

another example of why world peace is ridiculuos. silly miss universes
              Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
              "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

I have been trying to thread about cold war is European creation but seems there is some problem. Instead, I have tried today to understand this problems in here. It looks very similar to old forum problems. I have some observations

Maybe cpulous I think you misunderstand Annc's reference - there is thread on ACOL addressed to you by OldWarrior_42 who says that you are Yank (link is http://www.planetacol.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/015399.html). Maybe you may not have see the joke that Annc does?

Also, there is record of mistaken bannings here. 6 months ago I and MikeH were both banned wrongly (sorry, don't know if links are still exist). Both were eventually corrected although you are maybe lucky that this is dones so fast in your case.
                Nadia
                - Sleza Komsomolki -

Comment

SuperSneak, no I'm not trying to get more posters. Since I don't sell advertising at ACOL, I don't have a reason to. People can come to ACOL if they want to, but if they want to go somewhere else, it's ok by me.

I took the time to create this thread because of my sympathy for Iskandar's plight (and for the other people who have been banned at Apolyton). And I want them to know that if they are not welcome at Apolyton, there's another site they can use.
                  ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

Sneakster - I didn't start it. I don't keep bringing it back up. But I'll be damned if I just sit back and let someone take swipes at me, and keep it up even when I don't respond. I've actually been fairly restrained in my responses so far.

I'll respond to those little snipes, sometimes, but I'm not the one who's pushing this little agenda. I'm not in the habit of taking crap from anyone, and I see no reason to make an exception for this one.

Meanwhile, while talking about how welcome everyone is, and how ACOL never bans people, over at ACOL she singles me out by name, in a thread she started this morning that I hadn't even posted in at the time, and talking (again) about how she might ban me (and LTEC!, by extension, since we're inside a firewall).

Nothing like a little naked hypocrisy, is there?
                    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

And I want them to know that if they are not welcome at Apolyton, there's another site they can use.
                      That's just what I mean..."not welcome"? Come on, that is such a negative filter you are employing!

This whole thing is ridiculous...and not worth my time. I've made my apologies...if you guys want to pick nits, that's your business. But I have too much exposure to ill will in real life, so, I'm outta here.
                      Good luck to everyone in winning their respective pointless arguments.
                      Life and death is a grave matter;
                      all things pass quickly away.
                      Each of you must be completely alert;
                      never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

Since we're on the subject of bannings, Zorro's Z is unbanned, since that's the name he wants to keep.

BTW, this is not an Off-topic thread, but related to the site, so it's being moved to Apolyton Community.

Comment

What MtG says is true: if ACOL ever bans anyone, it will be him. If you follow the link to the thread I posted at ACOL, you'll see that.
                          ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

oh let bygones be bygones already.... i don't know why apolyton community is at odds with acol.

enough.. let it be.... ahhh.. what the hell.. human nature... go on... wont be resolved, like palestine and israel.
                            Anti-bush and anti-Bush.

Comment

Everyone:

Well, heck. Let's send a message to both Apolyton and ACOL — let's not frequent either site until the "adults" can settle things amicably (preferably in private). In the meantime, maybe I can find some adults over at NewsMax.

CYBERAmazon
                              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

CYBER, I agree with your sig line:

"You have to stand for something, or you will fall for anything."
                                Last edited by AnnC; May 30, 2001, 00:39.
                                ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

Working...
                                X