Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is ACOLKitty's current 41 day ban too harsh?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You misunderstood him, he means the other way around that ACOL has a fetish for Apolyton.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

and vice versa
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Prepare for a vent!

[rant mode]

This is exactly the kind of crap that pisses me off about the Avatar restrictions. (Thanks for making changes to it Markos ) You people are habitual in spamming and time wasting. While you folks have your post count reduced, other, more subtle crap continues I happened to follow the posted link to ACOL and try to figure what all the fuss is about over the 'puking picture'. The entire coordinated effort to get banned/restricted/reduced and somehow have a competition amongst the moderators once they do their job is an absolute and complete waste of time. Certainly you have something better to do with your lives. This is the worst kind of penise envy imaginable. It seems to me that without Apolyton as a topic, ACOL would wither up and die. Grow up, get a life, move on.

[/rant mode]

edit: By 'you people' I mean Venom, ACOLKitty, and the rest of their ACOL ilk.
        Here's a link.

Comment

Re: Re: That Dog Don't Hunt

Originally posted by MarkG
          eeer please supply me with a list of current threads about acol in our forums....

and i'm not talking about threads were acolytes post links to threads on acol saying "see what we are saying about apolyton on acol"
          Ha ha! I guess you're right...Apolyton could really care less!
          It does seem a bit like envy...because this site hardly responds to the hatred and derision thrown at it by ACOL.
          But they're a fun bunch of folks over there, all in all.

Kudos to Mark for a very apt slam.
          Life and death is a grave matter;
          all things pass quickly away.
          Each of you must be completely alert;
          never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

Re: Re: That Dog Don't Hunt

Originally posted by MarkG
            eeer please supply me with a list of current threads about acol in our forums....
            There are none to be found, I'm sure, since no doubt they get deleted almost as soon as they are posted.

ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

AnnC: Maybe it would make you feel better to think that, but i can't think of an ACOL thread that has ever been even posted, let alone deleted. And if a thread about acol got posted, and then deleted just because it was about ACOL, probably SOMEBODY would have made a big fuss about it.

edit: hey, that's a cool graphic, btw. Ming, you should steal that and use it whenever you close a thread.
              -connorkimbro
              "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

I just saw the ACOL pages for the first time. What a bunch of childish whiners. If you don't like the forum rules on Apolyton, don't log on. Simple solution. Why can the moderators weild such heavy-handed power struggles? Because it's been agreed to by thousands of happy users who know the forums are better for it. My vote for your poll? YAWN.
                The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                intelligence to few.

Comment

connor, many threads have disappeared from these forums minutes after they were posted because your moderators (by their own admission) are in the habit of deleting threads that they consider silly or useless. So you probably wouldn't know if an ACOL thread had been posted and then deleted.
                  ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

If you don't like it . . .

Then stay on ACOL. It's as simple as that. You've got your own romper room where you can indulge in whatever infantile play that suits your fancy. If we're all such "polytubbies" (great play on words here, very cute ) then why are you even here at all?

GO MTG! Good work.

Rant-for-the-day,
                    Exile
                    Lost in America.
                    "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
                    "or a very good liar." --Stefu
                    "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Hey people chill.

By the way what is an ilk?
                      (+1)

Comment

btw - only 440 posts untill I get an avatar
                        (+1)

Comment

MtG, I see about 10 days for a valid ban. The rest was outside the forum. I thought the purpose of Apolyton's rules was to promote fairness and thoughtful discussion. How has that been accomplished here?

As for ACOL: If Apolyton disappeared, maybe then we could start talking about more interesting things. Stop distracting us with your antics .
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by andye
                            Hey people chill.

By the way what is an ilk?
                            ilk means like or same. Tends to have a negative connotation.
                            Here's a link.

Comment

the ban is correct.

Comment

I don't think the ban is correct from an absolute POV (would you like to be banned a week for every DL you might claim to have, Ecth?), but in the context of the situation, I don't really think it's such a bad thing

Just seems like one big game to me...

Comment

Working...
                                X