Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is ACOLKitty's current 41 day ban too harsh?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is ACOLKitty's current 41 day ban too harsh?

MichaeltheGreat has currently banned Kitty for 41 days for
    1. 10 days for spamming
    2. Plus 10 for more spamming (how can she do that if she's banned?)
    3. Plus 21 days for claiming to have 3 DLs.

Is that an overly harsh ban?

I fully expect to get a "Moderator's decision is final, case closed" message in this but hell, it wasn't announced so most people probably don't realise about it. Personally I think it's way too harsh and MtG is just flexing his banning rod so he can win the Moderator Leaderboard.

Click the Moderator Leaderboard link below for details.
    Yes
    55.36%
    No
    44.64%
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Oh and from that thread

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat, he's addressing Venom at the time:

Nope, the one that pushed it over the edge was spamming an on-topic forum thread with your views on the movie Pearl Harbor with the "sucks like a Dutch hooker" remark.
    I would have let your gaming with Kitty slide somewhat, but since it was a coordinated action, and you carried it from the OT to an on-topic forum, I decided that was enough. So you get the same as Kitty, day for day.

I figured since you and Kitty were gaming things for fun, I would just double her current ten day ban just because I can (fun for me ), then add a week each for her three claimed, but undisclosed DL's.

Fess 'em up, with evidence (the password), and the extra weeks come off. Get caught using a DL while banned, and you both get an extra week, no matter which one of you it is. On top of anything the DL would get for what it does.

We can play back.
    Abuse of authority?
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

Not having checked the Staff Room yet (and I certainly would not bring out information here if I had), I'm assuming MtG is having a bit of a laugh, in his own slightly disturbed megalomaniac way.
      Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
      Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Oh well, that's alright then!
        We've got both kinds

Comment

I disagree...

Looks like he's being reasonable to me, Mike. He says he will knock off time if the confession is complete, so what's out of line about that? And hasn't Kitty been warned about spamming on -topic forums? It seems that if you push people, they will push back, hard. There is a lesson here, and it's that you can't do whatever you want, even if you are funny and likeable like he is (Kitty I mean).
          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
          i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Oh and Venom was also banned for 10 days for this "coordinated attack" well anyone who knows Venom knows he can't coordinate his own legs let alone some kind of attack.

Originally posted by Venom:

Well MtG, I can honestly say it wasn't a coordinated attack. And those were my honest thoughts on the movie Pearl Harbor, but hey it's clear that that some people aren't entitled to an opinion there because they voice it in a manner that's not appreciated by the moderators. Fine by me. Why I got such a long ban, I still don't understand. I was just trying to post over there, not coordinate any attack with Kitty.
            OK so Venom is blunt sometimes but that's about it.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

Re: I disagree...

Originally posted by cpoulos
              Looks like he's being reasonable to me, Mike. He says he will knock off time if the confession is complete, so what's out of line about that? And hasn't Kitty been warned about spamming on -topic forums? It seems that if you push people, they will push back, hard. There is a lesson here, and it's that you can't do whatever you want, even if you are funny and likeable like he is (Kitty I mean).
              That's reasonable for the DLs, the 10 days for spamming is about three times the Ming standard punishment, the doubling of the 10 days because I can is harsh though don't you think?

Plus that means 41 days of no funny Kitty posts for you.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

Re: Re: I disagree...

Originally posted by MikeH
                Kitty under a different name is still kitty =D

Comment

Cruel and unusual punishment...

Originally posted by MikeH

That's reasonable for the DLs, the 10 days for spamming is about three times the Ming standard punishment, the doubling of the 10 days because I can is harsh though don't you think?
                  Wasn't there something about pushing people in my post, Mike? Ming and MTG are different kinds of men. But both of them will slap you down if you test their authority.

Not really. I go to ACOL, but I just read mostly, and post seldom, so I know what's going on.
                  I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                  i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

I see this is the burning issue. Six votes.

The "spamming" in Kitty's case included:

a link to a pic of someone projectile puking. (no specific ban)

a "***" joke, (3 days)

a "goddamned jews" remark, all in "fun" (7 days)

and Kitty told me she (a) had a bet going with Venom, (b) thought he'd won when Mark reduced his post count for spamming, so (c) she decided to go more over the top until she got a reaction.

Since the pet project is to come over to Apolyton, play assinine little games, then go laughing back to ACOL and talk about how stupid the "polytubbies" are, I thought I'd just give y'all something different to talk about, and it worked.
                    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Seven votes!
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

eight now
                        (+1)

Comment

That Dog Don't Hunt

Now, now, Mike...you and I both know what is going on here. You're giving a very watered down version of the truth. Yes, the outcome is accurate, but what leads up to it is not.
                          ACOL has a Poly fetish of the worst kind, and vice versa...you dance with the devil and you're going to get burned.

Besides, this gives Kitty time to sort out some of his identity issues.
                          Life and death is a grave matter;
                          all things pass quickly away.
                          Each of you must be completely alert;
                          never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

What use have I got for the whole truth?

Anyway this is Apolyton, I'm supposed to quote stuff out of context to support my point, it's practically in the FAQ.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

Re: That Dog Don't Hunt

Originally posted by SuperSneak
                              ACOL has a Poly fetish of the worst kind, and vice versa...you dance with the devil and you're going to get burned.
                              eeer please supply me with a list of current threads about acol in our forums....

and i'm not talking about threads were acolytes post links to threads on acol saying "see what we are saying about apolyton on acol"
                              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                              X