Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIGHT STYLE now availiable

Hopefully, the option is working fine

For smaller load times, head over to the control panel, go to "edit options" and scroll down to find the "Style Set" option. Change to "Light"
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Its working for me..so far..and I like it very much.
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Indeed, everything loads much faster now. You really notice the difference
      Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

I know you cannot please everyone, but I will still mention that I would like the "thread view" count in the light style

I actually don't have a problem with the default page load times. What I don't like is how much space a single thread takes on the thread overview. The light view fits twice as many threads in the same space.
        Last edited by Thue; May 23, 2001, 05:32.
        http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

MarkG:
          THX,
          it seems to be working and reducing loadtimes.

Now if one could just reduce the CPU-load on my computer while loading a page, I could do something else meanwhile...

Comment

Strange things lurk at the bottom of the forum overview in light style. perhaps if you deleted one of the </html>'s?
            http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Originally posted by Thue
              Strange things lurk at the bottom of the forum overview in light style. perhaps if you deleted one of the </html>'s?
              like?

Comment

The document has some HTML code, then a </html>, then some more HTML, and then finally another </html>. Obviously something is wrong...

Comment

i cant seem to find this code

can you post a url where you see that and/or what you see?

Comment

if you use the light style and turn on the avatars you will now be able to see them

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                      i cant seem to find this code

can you post a url where you see that and/or what you see?

Using the light setting of course.

Comment

i dont see any problems on that page.
                        except from the /html code there is just the end-of-page comments....

Comment

i dont see any problems on that page.
                          except from the /html code there is just the end-of-page comments....
                          This is what I get. There are 2 </html> tags.

Attachment renamed from php to txt to be allowed to attach.
                          Attached Files

Comment

first of all, this is from the default style

second, it seems to be some of the line feed characters

Comment

first of all, this is from the default style
                              Well, then you have to problems, cause I set my settings to light style

second, it seems to be some of the line feed characters
                              What seems to be line feed characters?

Comment

Working...
                              X