No announcement yet.

LIGHT STYLE now availiable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just tried the lite version... WONDERFUL.
    While I had no problems from home (faster network, better computer), I had real problem yesterday from the office even turning off avatars, signatures, and limiting the number of posts shown. Things are running real quick now. Thanks for listening, and then doing something about it!
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hmmm.

Tried light setting and everything then ran slower.

Strange.

Comment

Thanks for the light version, it´s a lot faster with my good old V90 modem
        Blah

Comment

I had some problem with the last posts of a thread not showing up, but with the light version this is working. When I check some of the replies I made before it looks really stupid to post something someone else already posted. Good to have a light version.
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

btw...

you can reduce load times on post/reply pages if you disable the vb code buttons by turning off the Use vBCode quick links on your message input screens? option in the control panel
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Speed really hasn't been an issue for me, but I like the Light Style...it is a nice halfway point between "Crusty Old Apolyton" and "Psycho Neon Disneyton".

I might stick with it.
              Life and death is a grave matter;
              all things pass quickly away.
              Each of you must be completely alert;
              never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

I also like the light style. I'll also disable all those icons in the post reply window and then I'll love the forums even more.

Comment

Excellent work... I think it's back to the forum for me...
                  Lime roots and treachery!
                  "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Why aren't you able to select a messageicon in light mode?

Just because I don't se them in the threads there is no reason not to select one.

Comment

Originally posted by vgriph
                      Why aren't you able to select a messageicon in light mode?
                      cause the post/reply page would be take more to load....

Comment

I too love the light style: it loads faster and looks better. The only thing I really miss is the display of the last person to post to a thread. Then again, I lived without it for over 2 years so I can get used to it again...
                        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I'd like to add my voice to the crowd. Thanks MarkG. I am pleased with the run time as well as the format of the lite version.

I am also pleased to see that you have changed your avator. I was beginning to worry that you were some kind of Elvis impersonator.

Comment

If you want to speed up the forum more; you should move the stylecheat to a css-file and link all the pages to it. That way the styles will be downloaded once and cashed, not downloaded every time you change thread.

<SMALL>Every small step makes the forum load faster</SMALL>

Comment

Originally posted by vgriph
                              If you want to speed up the forum more; you should move the stylecheat to a css-file and link all the pages to it. That way the styles will be downloaded once and cashed, not downloaded every time you change thread.
                              this cant be done cause the variables for the colors would not be read if they were in a separate file....

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                                this cant be done cause the variables for the colors would not be read if they were in a separate file....
                                In what browser?

Never mind, you know best what is possible.
                                Last edited by Gramphos; May 23, 2001, 15:42.

Comment

Working...
                                X