No announcement yet.

the APOLYTON upgrade: known issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never mind, it seems to have stopped happening.

RAH
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Rah, glad it went away for you, but I am getting it consistently, although not at the same line # (it varies a bit, I have seen 145 a lot, but not exclusively).
      win 98 ie 4.72.36.... 1040x768

Comment

• I get it on Line 144 for OT, 150 for Apoly/Commun. And I don't think it's a missing "j", I think it's a missing ")" (clsoe brackets, like this -->)
        The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
        Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
        All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
        "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

• Is it a problem with IE? I am using Mozilla 0.9.1 and I never have this problem. I have also used IE 4 when Mozilla fails to upload attached files, which happens sometimes, and I don't have problems either.

Chowlett,

It just happened to me. I couldn't make a vote with Moz 0.9.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• the javascript problem was originatings from a news headline. it was corrected
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

• Good work! have you disciplined the headline writer? Errr unless it was you of course.

Comment

• hehe, given that we often(dan mostly ) do the same error, he was spared

the error is created when you put a ' in the news title....

Comment

• Oh my! I just logged in, and got another runtime error. Foolishly, I didn't note it down, but from what I remember it was along the lines of

"Document.f.t is not a valid object or is null"

It appeared on the redirection page after logging in.

Edit: It happenned on the reply redirection page as well. The error is actually:

"document.f.t is null or not an object"

I'm guessing it's attached to the redirection pages.

Edit 2: And yet it didn't happen on the edit.
                  Last edited by Chowlett; June 21, 2001, 10:02.
                  The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                  Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                  All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.

Comment

• it's from the "loading time" javascript. did the whole page load?

Comment

• Yes, the whole page loaded. But the error was not on any page with the javascript timing thing, it definitely appeared on the "Thanks for... Chowlett. You are now being returned to..." page. I suppose it could be that the error appears when the redirection kicks in and the timer starts, but I'd have thought the page would have blacked at least before starting the timer. I could well be wrong...

Comment

• Incredibly, I just changed my avatar. No idea why it works now.

However, I am still getting the javascript error on redirect pages. It's getting quite annoying - can someone look into it please?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chowlett
                          However, I am still getting the javascript error on redirect pages. It's getting quite annoying - can someone look into it please?
                          i'm looking into it....
                          Last edited by MarkG; June 27, 2001, 04:15.

Comment

• fixed

Comment

• Uhh, no it's not. Every time I post a reply (haven't tried editing or posting a New Topic, but I think it also happened with changing my avatar), I still get the javascript error "document.f.t is null or not an object".

Comment

• Ooh, and now it is. I swear there's some God of Apolyton who just likes mucking us all around - and it's not even Markos!

Comment

Working...
                                X