No announcement yet.

the APOLYTON upgrade: known issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange. When I "Go" to the "About: FORUMS UPGRADED!!" in Netscape, it crashes Netscape. Yet IE handles it all right. I think I saw Java loading just before one of the crashes. I haven't changed Netscape's preferences in any way. Any thoughts?
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

The links of the threads which I've posted in, still appear as visited when they've received new posts.
      "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
      - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

How is the post count updated? I mean I have been "stuck" on 841 since the switch...

Comment

On second thought, this forum isnt as easy as the old one . Or as fast, and it is riddled with bugs. I hope you solve this one..... I also dont appreciate the mechanizm that spams my email everytime someone replys.

Comment

Originally posted by finbar
            Strange. When I "Go" to the "About: FORUMS UPGRADED!!" in Netscape, it crashes Netscape. Yet IE handles it all right. I think I saw Java loading just before one of the crashes. I haven't changed Netscape's preferences in any way.
            Welcome to the club. My Netscape is crashing every now ad then. Time to toggle to IE, I guess...
            "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
            - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Wow, pretty neat. Better work out the errors though. I especially like the "Last Post By:" field.

You should also make "E-mail notification" NOT checked for default.

Good luck!
              "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
              You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Use Your Control Panel, Saddam

Originally posted by Saddam
                On second thought, this forum isnt as easy as the old one . Or as fast, and it is riddled with bugs. I hope you solve this one..... I also dont appreciate the mechanizm that spams my email everytime someone replys.
                Just what my subject line indicates. Contained within is an option (sub-menu "options" I believe) that can negate the e-mail reply.

CYBERAmazon
                "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Nope, that still doesnt do it. They are still coming in. I was notified that you replied...

I see im going to have to block MarkG@apolyton.net . That Bot on his mail server is annoying. And the 'edit options' shows no sign of working.....This is exactly why I left 'Europa-Universalis' forum. Too much complicated Hassle just to get a post through, or update somthing. Too much tid bits to read and way too much unlabeled Icons. Just all around, way too confusing.

Furthermore, I pledge to not use any of the lame smilies Mark gave us ...

Comment

What does 'subscribe' do??
                    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Report from Urban Ranger (Part I)

1. There doesn't seem to be any default icons for the message. Might as well set the "note" icon as default instead of no icon.

2. The rendering in Mozilla 0.9 is messed up. If you use Moz to look at this thread, you'll notice some of the rows are wider than others, esp. the first message that Markos posted. Also the table cells in the first column don't have the same width. Considering Moz is following W3C standards in rendering, maybe there's something messed up with the HTML code. Don't forget the DOCTYPE tag at the top of every HTML document Markos EDIT: Hmm, it looks normal after reloading. Weird.

3. The transperant gif at the top (the Apolyton logo) looks messed up. At least in Moz, that is.

4. I can no longer use the automatic login feature of Moz. I used to be able to have Moz fill in the username and password whenever I post a message.

5. I want the green toothy green simlie back! It's definitely not the same in yellow.

6. I agree with orange that e-mail notification should be off by default.

7. Please explain to us what all those icons mean along the top. Esp that excalmation mark in a yellow triangle. That <em>looks</em> scary
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

erg

um... i lost my princess... do we not get those anymore... I know I am a girl... don't want to be a prince.... unless it is forbidden... not that I'll be getting anymore posts... can't play civ much now that I'm at home and bcr3 and his computer are at school... oh well... can I have my princess back?
                        Kyrie Asini

"I don't need a compass to see which way the wind is shining!"- Mystery Men

Comment

Report from Urban Ranger (Part Ia)

1. Some of the icons available when creating a thread entry are duplicates. For example the "thumbs down" icon or the "winky" smilie.

2. A modest suggestion: Use the ALT tag to add a small bit of explanatory text to all the new icons, so people know what they are by pointing.

3. The old (pre-upgrade) smilies become hyperlinks For example, this thread

4. Now we can't tell if a message has been edited. I am sure that can be added back easily.
                          Last edited by Urban Ranger; May 22, 2001, 00:46.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I tried disabling the damn Email prompt but it keeps emailing me... Please disable it !!!!
                            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Quote tags apparently are counted in the image tag total - I had a post with only two smileys, but quite a few quote tags of snippets of other posts, and it gave me the too many image tags error message.
                              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker
                                What does 'subscribe' do??
                                It means you will be informed by email when a particular thread has been updated. It can save you alot of time hunting around the boards to see if there are any changes.

To subscribe to a thread, make sure the Email Notification box is ticked which I think it is by default anyway.

You can also click on Receive updates to this thread near the top of the page.

You can also click on Subscribe to this forum near the top on the right hand side of a forum page.
                                Last edited by The Rusty Gamer; May 22, 2001, 03:05.
                                Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
                                Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Working...
                                X