No announcement yet.

Time is of the essence!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The server is located in Ontario, Canada, and thus runs on EST. This time zoning will not change.

---------------
    Dan; Apolyon CS

Comment

Yes DanQ, but the problem is the forums now run on EDT -1, where it used to be EDT until two weeks ago. A lot of people have become used to EDT (including myself) and now it's been set back one hour. Plus, it says at the bottom of each page "All times are EDT", well it isn't!

Comment

Let me just express my joy and gratitude that Apolyton is now back on EDT. Thanks to whoever managed to finally set the clock forward one hour! Now let's try and keep it that way shall we?

Comment

Hurrah for the "right" time! Although it's been an hour behind for so long that I'll have to readjust...

Comment

Yes, I had just gotten used to the 7 hour time difference. Now I'll have to re-adjust to 6 hours.

Comment

It's too bad they finally corrected it. Since I live in the Central Time Zone, it was really nice having it set to my local time...

Oh well
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah, me too. I think we should vote to change it back
                Apolyton Empress
                "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

*points and laughst at Ming*

This is the way it should be. The most important time zone gets distinction.

What's the most important time zone you ask?

Why, whichever I'm in of course!
                  Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

OMG, it's been set back one hour again. Couldn't you try and influence the people responsible for running the server to stop changing the time at random? It's most confusing right now.

Go with either EST or EDT, but make them stick to one of them!

Comment

Wait...lemme see...
                      Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Any findings as to why the script (and server) time keeps changing?

Do you think anything could be done to make it remain fixed - except for changes due to daylight savings time?

Comment

Contacted GS tech admin. asking him to look into it... will keep apprised of any progress on this front.

----------------
                          Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Now this looks great: current time 1:14? Did you set the clock back another 8 hours?

Comment

our tech admin is already notified about it

Comment

Thanks DanQ. Let's hope he comes up with something.

Added later: The script time has now been set back 8 hours , preventing anybody from posting more than their first post at the moment due to the flood control, and reversing the order of topics - at least in the OT.

I hope some of the server people are busy right now correcting the situation.
                                <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Legman (edited July 20, 2000).]</font>

Comment

Working...
                                X