This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop-ups?

Am I the only one getting pop-up windows? Is this supposed to happen? It's really annoying, and that's even though the advertisment is still up there.
    Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

I'm getting it too mao - so annoying

Comment

I was about to come here and start one, but you beat me to the chase. GIT RED OF 'EM!

------------------
      The Brain: Weirdo who takes modern culture and stabs it in the eye
      -I think you stepped in something
      -MOO!
      -Founder of DoH!
      -You Smell!
      -This thread has been given The Brain's Seal of Approval
      -Contains Vitamin A, B, Q, Z, and 27
      -This post will self-destruct in 5, 8, 6, 9, 0!
      You all make as much sense as Brain. -Alexander's Horse
      The Brain: Weirdo who takes modern culture and stabs it in the eye
      I am the Tofu, you are the Anti-Christ. Goob goob kajoob.

Comment

AAAAAARRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I know the damned banners are necessary to get money for the site, but the Gottverdammte popup is ridiculous. #$%^ing "whirlgirl" Ought to be hurlgurl. I've already had the thing autorefresh and gain focus exactly as I was posting - the result was that it blew away what I'd written, and the deletion of part of the post I quoted from, and instead posted just a complete quote from the other guy's post with no edits.

Extremely annoying, and it interferes functionally with the site. If I wanted hidden trigger popups, I'd hang out on warez sites.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I also noticed that when I came to Apolyton this morning. Very annoying indeed. Please get rid of them.

Comment

I'M GETTING NOTHING BUT POPUPS.

Every single time I open a window. Please get rid of them

Comment

Administrators, et al.:

Please refrain from using pop-up ads. They have a nasty habit of crashing certain browsers and that, my friends, will drive people away ... thereby achieving the exact *opposite* of the original intention.

DEATH TO POP-UP ADS!

CYBERAmazon

------------------
              Resistance is futile. Lower your shields and disable your weapons. You will be assimilated into the Borg Collective.
              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

I entered the Apolyton forum to open a thread about those annoying pop-ups and I see that others beat me to the punch. Shouldn't these pop-ups be considered a cunning form of spam?
                HAIL THE HEROES!

Francesco Toldo, Fabio Cannavaro, Marco Iuliano, Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta, Gianluca Pessotto, Demetrio Albertini, Antonio Conte, Angelo Di Livio, Stefano Fiore, Luigi di Biagio, Gianluca Zambrotta, Filippo Inzaghi, Alessandro del Piero, Marco Delvecchio, Francesco Totti,

GRAZIE GIOCATORI!!!

----
                CATENACCIO PRINCIPIO QUASI GENIALE

Comment

It just crashed my IE. I'm out of here until those ads are gone.

Comment

As you know, we dont handle the ads
                    I'll contact our host

Comment

The pop-ups seem to be connected with the UGO e-mail ad. I'm not getting them on pages with any of the other ads.

Comment

Markos:

Much appreciated — one favor, though: Give 'em a holy hell and fiery brimstone speech! That'll teach the International Media Conglomerate Empire (IMCE)* a lesson!

CYBERAmazon

*This is an unholy alliance of newspapers, magazines, online e-zines, television and Hollywood that exists soley in one's caffeine-twisted mind **L**.

------------------
                        Resistance is futile. Lower your shields and disable your weapons. You will be assimilated into the Borg Collective.
                        "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

I use this program that gets rid of ads on webpages but I always deactivate it when visiting Apolyton because I don't know if it will cost Markos and Dan any mony when I use it. But until those popups are gone it is activated

Comment

"Popups! Grrrrrr I hate those friggin things"

I hope MarkG/Dan can quickly resolve this, popups are a real mood killer for me. In fact, they are one of the few things that piss me off.
                            Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

You want a pop up free site come to my forums...
                              http://matthiggs.hypermart.net/cgi/Ultimate.cgi

Comment

Working...
                              X