Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question about the Archives and the "show a printable version" feature...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not print... save.

Answer the question, dammit
    Do what I do then, go to FILE: SAVE AS: SAVE AS HTML- then you'll have the thread saved on your computer without any of the icons and the extra filespace they take up.

believe me, it works- I have over 400 megabytes of apolyton on my harddrive and CD's
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

...and why would you want ???

Not for the grand-kiddies, is it?
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud

Do what I do then, go to FILE: SAVE AS: SAVE AS HTML- then you'll have the thread saved on your computer without any of the icons and the extra filespace they take up.

believe me, it works- I have over 400 megabytes of apolyton on my harddrive and CD's
        but what if the thread has more than 75 pages....!?
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

What thread has more than 75 pages? Apolyton limits threads to 500 replies... and you can view with 30 replies to a page or 90... I view with 30 and the longest thread I've seen had 16-21 pages... and that's more than manageable.
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

But printable version has everything on one page. Saving one page is by far more managable than 21.
            XBox Live: VovanSim
            xbox.com (login required)
            Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
            Spore page

Comment

What thread has more than 75 pages? Apolyton limits threads to 500 replies... and you can view with 30 replies to a page or 90... I view with 30 and the longest thread I've seen had 16-21 pages... and that's more than manageable.
              I think he means - or could mean - the picture thread.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

So, you have to visit every page on the thread and save the source. That's not "easy", is it?

BTW, if anyone is interested, I know a way to show 1000 posts in one thread
                (unless Markos has token that 'ability' away)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                  confirmation: yes, it's a bug

technical information: for efficiency reasons archived post are stored in a separate sql table than normal posts. our grand lord hasn't hacked all php scripts that were afected by this change though

fixing the bug has been added on my to-do list
                  By "fixing the bug" are you:

1. Making it so that none of the archived threads can be "shown in a printable version"?

or

2. Making it so that all of the archived threads can be "shown in a printable version"?

Comment

Do you have your preferences set to show all 500 posts on the same page? Can you even do that? (JohnT takes a visit to the rarely-seen "control panel")...

Comment

It's not possible to set it to 500 posts per page, the normal way.
                      But you can tweak something, and set it on 500 ppp

pm me if you're interested

Comment

Done.

Comment

here's an example on how it looks like when you put it on '1000 posts per page'
                          Attached Files

Comment

Sweet. I just figured it out. Thanks, Cybershy!

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                              Why would anyone want to print a thread?
                              Actually I used to do this a lot when I was working abroad and didn't have access to the internet from "home" (the hotel I was staying in). DOn't tell my old boss!

SOme threads (e.g. Vel's strat. threads) were well over 100p when printed.
                              Diderot was right!
                              Our weapons are backed with UNCLEAR WORDS!
                              Please don't go, the drones need you.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                                It's not possible to set it to 500 posts per page, the normal way.
                                But you can tweak something, and set it on 500 ppp

pm me if you're interested
                                Would this be a way that would get you banned, or not?

Comment

Working...
                                X