No announcement yet.

Phantom Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can change the number of posts displayed per page ("Default Posts per Thread" in your options), but changing that in your preferences won't solve this problem, it will only make other threads disappear.

Originally posted by Elok
    (...) and not just playing into a weird joke of Mercator's

Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I know you can change posts per page, I want to change threads per page.

Comment

Oh damnit, I mixed up a few things there... Indeed you're right.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

The problem is the bug would still exist. Set threads per page to 50, go to page to and thread 51 would have disappeared. Set it to 60 and thread 61 will not be seen.

Still, setting threads per page would be useful for other reasons.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Let's say the ten threads after the end of page 1 are phantoms. Thus, if you get threads 1-39 on page 1 and 51 onwards on page 2, to see threads 40-50 use the "&perpage=50" option in the url for the forum. Then you get threads 1-50 on page 1 and threads 61 onwards on page 2. If you want to see these missing ones, just change the "&perpage=" number. This is not a fix, but it can get you to any thread you want.

Besides, how often does anyone need to see every thread going back multiple pages?
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Quite often, in the OTF...

Comment

Originally posted by Kucinich
                Quite often, in the OTF...
                Sorry, allow me to clarify - how often do you need to see every thread over multiple pages on forums that posting is necessary in?
                Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

You apparently do not understand the addictive powers of the OTF...

Comment

...or halucinogenic drugs
                    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

The hole is caused by the topped threads. The unusually high number of topped threads in the SLeague forum makes our hole really big.
                      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

The unusually high number of topped threads in the SLeague forum makes our hole really big.

Sig material, were I feeling nasty.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Kucinich
                          You apparently do not understand the addictive powers of the OTF...
                          A fair assessment of anyone with a sense of taste.
                          Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                          Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                          7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Now now. There are even one or two interesting threads in the OT at any given time. You may need to go back a few pages to find both of them, but they are there.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                              Now now. There are even one or two interesting threads in the OT at any given time. You may need to go back a few pages to find both of them, but they are there.
                              Invariably, they're the 1-2 phantom threads you can't find, aren't they?
                              Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Touche.

Comment

Working...
                                X