Problems with stylesheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with stylesheet

New messages appear in a monospace type.
    Attached Files
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

all threads?
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Not all threads. Also, it only happens for newer messages in some of the affected threads.

Oddly enough, this thread is also affected.

EDIT: not anymore, after I posted the message and vBB refreshed the screen.
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

I routiney but accidently type in monospace after typing in Chinese characters.
          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

That's because Latin (English) characters seem to be in monospace in Chinese typefaces.

Comment

Upon further investigation, it seems that my browser thought the webpage is in Big-5

Maybe these would help:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en">
              <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

Comment

UR: Do you know of a good interpreter that types in Big5? It'd be extremly useful for me.
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Yeah, long time ago we tried a number of translator programs for the PC, one of them called Dr Eye or something like that. They are not very reliable though.

Here's a Web-based English to Chinese dictionary with Big5 output.

Comment

Is there an English (or Spanish or French for that matter) translation for all this, or is it nothing we Poly Peons (like me ) need concern ourselves about?
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Poly has been acting up for me. Sometimes a page would be shown in a monospace typeface, like the attachment of the OP. I found that, during these occasions, my browser think that the page is in Big5 (traditional Chinese). Very strange.

Comment

Working...
                      X