X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skanky Burns

My point exactly.
    And the answer is no.
    Is Skanky pretending he doesn't want the job?

Comment

Just finished another 1000+ characters post in the OT.
      And I suddenly wondered, if someone types more than 100 chars in a post it can hardly be concidered as spam anymore.

'Cause no-one can be bothered to read them?
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

er, you get the plus one anyway, Boris, no need to go over the top
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I guess there's a splendid irony in the fact that this thread is turning to a gratituous spamfest ...
          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
            What is the point of postcount anyway?
            I wonder about this from time to time, especially in the midst of a spamfest like we recently were graced with here. "Threads with posts about nothing, a summer replacement series...uncover the fine line between friendly, sometimes interesting banter and meaningless +1 tangents."

Two paraphrases come to mind...

"Imagine no more post counts, ...."

"I have a dream, that one day, posters will be judged by the quality of their offerings rather than the sheer number they can throw at the boards."

And this observation...

Post counts are like hitting in baseball. If folk would just focus on making contact, the batting average (PC) will take care of itself. And the game will be more fun for everyone. Fun things like watching as an active warlord gets kissed by a frog and becomes a prince (you know who you are )

It is obvious from the vitality of the OTF that having posts there count is completely unnecessary for it to thrive. Can the same be said for the rest of the site??

Monk
            so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
              Is Skanky pretending he doesn't want the job?
              Extra work.
              No benefits. (I'm already a subscriber)
              Can get you banned for a week whenever you get drunk... (although that just tends to happen if you have other Polytubbies over)

No, I'm actually serious for once. Please, sit down until you recover from the shock.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Can get you banned for a week whenever you get drunk.
                That can happen either way.

Comment

I'm still waiting. I already quit once so I obviously don't want the job!
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                    That can happen either way.
                    Through weeks of dedicated experimentation, I can confirm that "civilian" drunkness does not get you banned. As you can see, I can post now. Hell, if you need more proof just look at Rasputin.
                    The one time we knew Ming was drunk though, tkljekrfefsdjksef,e;lf

/me is dragged off while still typing
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Fun things like watching as an active warlord gets kissed by a frog and becomes a prince (you know who you are )

who the hell are you talking about?
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

It was a tip o the hat to a recently active new prince...a bit of inside irony in a post about +1s. But, I would be the last one to name him.

Monk
                        so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Through weeks of dedicated experimentation, I can confirm that "civilian" drunkness does not get you banned.
                          What if all the energy and ingenuousness invested in such projects instead went to solving, say, world hunger or AIDS?
                          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Then politicians would be out of a job.

Comment

I swear that the Apolyton Community now rots my brain way more than the OT. I'm starting to tend towards the campaign to abandon PCs* altogether.

*That is post counts, not personal computers. I'm not that drastically inclined.
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Simple, but all inclusive answer to why posts do not count as +1 in OTF under any circumstances:

THIS IS A GAMING SITE

remember?
                                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                                X