Email notification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email notification

I'd like to turn email notification off, but still keep track in my control panel of all the threads I have posted in.

Can I do it, and if yes, how?

You have the possibility to uncheck the e-mail notification option when you write a post. See the second line in the option box below the message window.
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Go to control panel options and turn off email notification.

Comment

If you want to keep track of all threads you've posted in, you could just as well use the my threads feature.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

But the My Threads feature isn't as good as the control panel, so it's not really an option
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

What do you mean is not as good?
            I only noticed it after Mercator told me about it.

What's the difference between control panel and my threads?

And if my threads feature is so much worse than control panel, what should I do?

And ADG, do you have email notification turned on or off? And DrSpike the same question?

Comment

The reason why I believe "My threads" is worse than the control panel is because "My Threads" contains the list of ALL threads you have posted in, but this doesn't really work right for me, since sometimes I'm interested in a thread I have no intent to post anything in, while other times I have posted something in a thread, but after some time I get tired of the thread, and don't want to be 'reminded' of it all the time...

And yes, I do have email notification on, otherwise the control panel doesn't work

But if you're tired of the tons of useless emails you get from here, you could find the program called MailWasher, and setup a filter that automaticly deletes all mails from Apolyton (by just clicking on one button)
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
              X