Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably they should stay..........they are responsible for extra revenue, albeit a small amount, and they are not intrusive.

Comment

Markos said he would be removing them for subscribers.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni
        Aren't those "buy-from-Amazon" text links (above the chat bar) technically ads?
        If they are, then they should disappear from subscribers' displays, right?

[I'm not really bothered by them, it's just a technicality.]
        Good point, but because I want to be "ad-free" doesn't necessarily preclude me wanting to support the site inother ways as well. Without those links, how would we get a redirect to Amazon that would generate revenue for Apolyton? Somewhere there would have to be a link. As they are not overt and require no attention from the user (unless using them of course!), my thought is that they should stay.
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
          Markos said he would be removing them for subscribers.
          Did he say how we are to get to a redirect to a site that we want to purchase off of?
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

oh my, oh my, plato... did you have to quote me in your sig? i was a little over-enthusiastic and obviously still ****faced from the evening before
            - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
            - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf
              oh my, oh my, plato... did you have to quote me in your sig? i was a little over-enthusiastic and obviously still ****faced from the evening before
              Some are just to good to pass up!

If you want, I'll remove it.

Comment

no prob
                it's just the first time i've been quoted in the sig after 1700 posts ...
                - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Could we please keep those textual links to the various Amazon shops? Please, pretty? Would make it easier for me to shop, as I don't want to keep bookmarks for those - I simply go to the ACS' main page and click any of the links I want to use. However the links at the top, below the navbar, on thread pages, could be removed, as those are ads.
                  "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
                    Could we please keep those textual links to the various Amazon shops? Please, pretty? Would make it easier for me to shop, as I don't want to keep bookmarks for those - I simply go to the ACS' main page and click any of the links I want to use. However the links at the top, below the navbar, on thread pages, could be removed, as those are ads.
                    Links on the main page would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora

Still getting Britney Spears image gallery popup.
                      Save a screenshot and email us any pointing address(es) associated with the pop-up for further investigation.

---------
                      Dan; Apolyton CS
                      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO

Links on the main page would be good.
                        They already exist. I added them in either February or March of this year.

-----------
                        Dan; Apolyton CS
                        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ

Save a screenshot and email us any pointing address(es) associated with the pop-up for further investigation.

---------
                          Dan; Apolyton CS
                          Info sent.
                          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

And here's another happy subscription-renewer!
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I just looked at my status page and found that in the subscriber status column it says: "You're a cool guy! (Apolyton Plus - Extended subscription ending 2005-03-31)". Not sure why it doesn't sound quite right to me somehow.
                              Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Hey, sometimes in american movies I hear when a girl starts talking to other girls, that she starts saying "hey guys", even though there's not a single guy among them
                                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                                X