No announcement yet.

Great plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like having no popops. Hooray for Poly.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ

Frankychan:

While the pop-up may very well have been delivered to you by a third party contracted with one of the advertising agencies Apolyton is affiliated with, it is not enough information for us to verify and investigate further. Do you recall what ad if any otherwise appeared and/or if any advertising link was present in an ad space? The next time this happens please take a screenshot before you respond to the pop-up and make note of the link it points to if any.

As for the SpyBot check, even if you are only visiting this site at the present and in recent times you could have been infected or are being reinfected by another site, email or process. I would be especially weary of this if the program detects Gator even after you deny a request for its installation just prior to the check that identifies components of it on your computer.
      His post: 154 words.

Frankychan:

You might not have gotten it from here.
      Next time it happens, record where it came from.

My post? 18.

88 percent less fat, with all the same meaning
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

There's a new subscriber ad..........subscribe now and don't get Gator!

Comment

Tass: The last thing we need is Dan posting less.
          He isn't one of the *ahem* spammers.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

popups??? what are they ????
            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Don't worry, until he gets cruise missiles you'll still be safe.
              Visit First Cultural Industries
              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

I have yet to take up the Poly Plus package

so I still get the pop ups...

if they in some way pay to keep this site operating, then it does not hurt me to look them over and then close them if I do not want them

I buy the newspaper, full of ads

I watch television, full of ads

I drive down the road, full of ads

I post on poly, a couple of ads...

well done poly keep on keeping on
                Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Don't use IE.
                  Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
                    I have yet to take up the Poly Plus package

so I still get the pop ups...

if they in some way pay to keep this site operating, then it does not hurt me to look them over and then close them if I do not want them

I buy the newspaper, full of ads

I watch television, full of ads

I drive down the road, full of ads

I post on poly, a couple of ads...

well done poly keep on keeping on
                    Yep, I like this comparision. Comparing with other sides and espacially commercial products you buy (like newspaper/TV) you are being bombarded with ads. Sometimes it is hard to keep track with the film you are watching just because every 5 minutes you get 5 minutes of bloody ads. THAT is bombarding.

The few popups you get here is NOTHING (but please Dan and Mark don't increase ) compared to RL.

Till now, I had 3 popups. Who cares? (No I haven't subscribed yet)

Comment

because every 5 minutes you get 5 minutes of bloody ads. THAT is bombarding.

Not to mention product bloody placement...
                      Last edited by alva; April 27, 2004, 07:14.
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

You get product placement here too:

Originally posted by DrSpike
                        Still, subscribe and all your ills will fade away.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                          Tass: The last thing we need is Dan posting less.
                          He isn't one of the *ahem* spammers.
                          If you spot one of these "spammers," let me know.
                          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I'll do my best.

Comment

You don't have to look very far... you can spot a few just looking at this thread
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

This is particularly annoying on university computers, where there's one site that asks you to install the software, then asks again, then when you say "cancel" it tries to install it anyway. I will give more details when I'm on a uni PC, and it should be noted that I'd still get this pop-up if I subsribed to Apolyton Plus, since I have to login each time I'm on uni PC's.

Why aren't there any internet advertising companies (that I know of) that actually run their business ethically, without being obtrusive and annoying? You should also beware, Mark and Dan, if this is how these companies treat us, then they're more likely to treat you guys like dirt and default no paying you the money you earn from subjecting us to this rubbish.

Comment

Working...
                                X