Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So foreign languages are banned in threads?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In quasi-Danish: Monk, har ikke din mor lært deg å ikke kaste stein når du sitter i glasshus?

In English: pot, kettle, black.
    CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf
      In quasi-Danish: Monk, har ikke din mor lært deg å ikke kaste stein når du sitter i glasshus?

In English: pot, kettle, black.
      Hop, hop, hop, hop, hop, Flafnir plapp plapp plapp plapp. Radio, får får får? Axis of Øvil.

[Well, she always said that people who live in glass houses should screw in the basement, but I'm not certain if that's what you're aiming at. At least I did't see the controversy with the radio ad.]

Comment

Goawrdh moawghn Daghngdmawrk!

I don't know what I'm aiming at. People in glass houses shouldn't be aiming at anything really. harr harr

Edit: actually I know what I was aiming at. But I see now that it wasn't very clever:
        You seem to think that Park Avenue should spend his time on more useful things than complaining about the use of "foreign" languages in general and Snapcase's sig in particular. Then I "complain" about your "complaining", which of course makes me just as big a "complainer". So we're all in glass houses. (Well Park Avenue is not, I think.)
        Last edited by Gangerolf; April 17, 2004, 11:07.
        CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Est-ce bien si nous traduisons cette passages?

[Is it okay if we provide simultaneous translations?]
          Oh come on, obiwan - that's just showing off, really.

I don't do that. And none of us should do anything I don't do.
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

What do you mean showing off, it's not even french
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
              If you mean Buck Birdseed's sig I can't see why it would offend anyone. It is just a ad for a radioshow in Umeå
              It's promoting multiculturalism

Btw, I don't think you should ban foreign languages. If I couldn't post in a foreign language, I would have to post in Swedish, and most of you guys wouldn't understand it.
              The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Med plutonium tvingar vi dansken på knä.

Intressant signarur..., men jag vet inte om danskar kan störas av den.

[Interesting sig, something like "My words are backed by nuclear weapons", but not really ]
                Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

It all sounds/looks foreign to me.

Monk
                  so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

Like this?

"Ming est un bâtard"

[Ming is a great loveable mod]

(nothing serious Ming, but I am sure you know this one sentence, so that's why I use it )

>>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos

Med plutonium tvingar vi dansken på knä.

Intressant signarur..., men jag vet inte om danskar kan störas av den.

[Interesting sig, something like "My words are backed by nuclear weapons", but not really ]
                      It's from the Danish movie series"Riget" , where an arrogant Swedish neurosurgeon is working in Denmark, a country he really really hates. The quote is from a scene where he's standing on the hospital roof, watching Sweden with binoculars, and zooming in to one of our nuclear plants. "Thank you, Swedish watch towers. With plutonium we force the Dane on his knees"
                      The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                        I don't think one should respond to a troll with serious points. So [ukenglish]tittybiscuits indeed [/ukenglish].
                        What troll? I'm an Englishman speaking English, and I'm buggered if I'm about to qualify that by adding [englishenglish].

If you beastly foreigners choose to molest our glorious gift to the world then you can add your own labels. Not us.
                        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

This falls into asked and answered, now a spam fest. Time to close before someone gets banned.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                          X