Ignore List - a Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignore List - a Question

While I was going thru some old threads earlier today, I noticed some posters was 'ignored.' I was puzzled because I haven't placed anybody on my ignore list. So I paid my first visit to my ignore list and imagine my surprise when I found that I have 1,432 pages of people on ignore.

Could anybody explain this?

Cheers
    Who is Barinthus?

Do we have a DrSpike challenge for this one?

It has been explained before. These posts were made by old posters before the settlerII I think. Or something like that.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

People used to be able to register in a different way, and this happens a lot with old threads/posters...

1,432 pages is most of 'poly though

/me opens another tab to check *

Only 1 person on my list though, but I still get ignored people when I check the old threads (I assume you mean the ones you searched up for me from 1999 and before on SMAC?)

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
        Only 1 person on my list though, but I still get ignored people when I check the old threads (I assume you mean the ones you searched up for me from 1999 and before on SMAC?)

-Jam
        The person who opened that Pirates/Aquantic Factions advantage thread I posted in yours (markjonthan or something) was 'ignored.' That's how I found out.
        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Yeah I have them "ignored" too, but they're not on my ignore list

I guess the admin are too busy taking my euros right now to worry about this though

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Most people are ignoring MarkG's posts (only the ones from that old time period of course).

Comment

1,432 pages is way overkill. My ignore list only features those few people I have actually put on ignore.
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I've had posts get ignored, but I've never seen people get put on the ignore list...

Comment

You don't even get pages on your ignore list.

The textboxes contain the people on your ignore list... This... "To view the complete members list, click here" ... shows the entire member list, NOT the members you have on ignore.

You almost certainly don't have anyone on your ignore list (if you did, you'd have noticed the names in the textboxes and wouldn't have clicked that link)...

The reason some posters appear to be ignored is because those are old threads, and those are members who probably aren't registered anymore (or somehow had their account changed in the mean time).

It's a known forum fluke (has been asked many times before), and has nothing to do with your ignore list.

(edit: ahem... But HongHu already said most of that )
                  Last edited by Mercator; March 31, 2004, 17:57.
                  Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Thanks, folks!
                    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

It happens when the account the post was made from has been deleted. The forum automatically sets everyone to ignore that poster because they have been deleted.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Wow, I am ignorin 1433 pages of people. Cool.
                        SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Thanks Skanky, I had just run across one of those and wonder if that was the cause.

Comment

Working...
                          X