This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ApolytonPLUS: now in Beta!

i'm happy to announce that ApolytonPLUS, our much-talked subscription service, is now in beta

People who want to try it out and help us find any problems we missed can email me at markg@apolyton.net

For the beta testing period only we have added a 1$/1 month choice.

You'll be needing a credit card or an active paypal account (funded from a credit card or a bank account)

Beta testers will of course be informed of all the details of the system but will be asked not to reveal anything so that the suprise is not spoiled
    Last edited by MarkG; March 31, 2004, 12:09.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Thanks Mark and Dan for getting this going.

Email sent.

Comment

Yes. Thank You very much!!

e-mail sent.
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Cool

Email sent.

Comment

Sent!

(it looks like the IWS game, doesn't it? )
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

hmmm interesting
            i just tried to do a purchase wihtout being logged in, as if i didnt have a paypal account. the system doesnt allow me to complete the purchase, saying

Your account registration cannot be completed. To complete this transaction please register at http://www.paypal.com

probably due to the greekness of my location and credit card

US citizens without a paypal account shouldnt have this problem i believe....
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I didn't have an account and WAS required to get one. No problem; that's what I expected before you said otherwise.

Monk
              so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Hmmm...Paypal says I already have an account and I don't. I had to fill out a form for them asking for resolution. Says up to 2 days for an answer.

*Note to self: Must talk to wife about paypal...
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody Monk
                  I didn't have an account and WAS required to get one. No problem; that's what I expected before you said otherwise.

Monk
                  That was my experience as well. Not a problem.

Question though Mark...in this Beta test are all the benefits being implemented right now? I haven't seen any pop-up ads, but the rest of the benefits haven't appeared yet either.

Comment

Great stuff
                    Thanks Markos
                    >>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

Comment

My experience so far:

The ad on top of the window has disappeared
                      The ad at the bottom of the window hasn't.
                      I have experienced no popup yet.
                      The annoying ads when I click non-Poly links are still here

All private forums are displayed in the "forum jump" bar, but I can't access them.
                      I can access my team's private forum without any problem though.

I can access the staff forum! (now, maybe I should have taken a peek before saying so ). This one doesn't only display: I can really access it (checked, but don't worry, I closed the window while not looking at the screen )
                      Speaking of which, I can access the Candle'abre private forum.
                      Last edited by Spiffor; March 30, 2004, 20:54.
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                        I can access the staff forum! (now, maybe I should have taken a peek before saying so ). This one doesn't only display: I can really access it (checked, but don't worry, I closed the window while not looking at the screen )
                        I see the link for it too, though I haven't clicked on it....yet. Hmm, let's see what should I blackmail...err charge the mods to not go into that forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Rhothaerill
                          I see the link for it too, though I haven't clicked on it....yet. Hmm, let's see what should I blackmail...err charge the mods to not go into that forum?
                          1$ a month

Comment

I'd gladly pay $1 a month
                            But I'm not going to get a credit card just for Apolyton. Sorry
                            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

If I read the FAQ correctly, you can wire money instead of using a credit card.

Comment

Working...
                              X