• Show
Clear All

since you didnt update your profile...
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
      I STILL say it needs a fork and knife... if not for the mafia games alone...
      Technical limitations, I'm afraid.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Generally people know though, because the only time I've heard of the alert icon being used it's been somebody whining and saying they'll use it... now if they actually used it or not is a different matter completely though.
        I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Thanks Mark and everyone else involved, will make requests for modship changes faster, with a bit of luck

Whilst there seem to be the odd improvement being made to the system (this Admin contact form, new and improved Upload section), is there any thought being given to make the search function any more reliable? At present it doesn't search private forums that one has access to, and it doesn't even seem all that good at searching in the open access ones! For example, search for your own nick and you will see that very few, if any, results come up. Searching for 'MrWhereItsAt' seems to return nothing, whereas I could pinpoint a thread or two from memory.
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

if you want your own posts, you can search for posts by specific usernames by filling the related field in the search form
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I meant searching for a word in posts made by indeterminate others.

It sometimes helps to search for posts that have my username or abbreviation 'MWIA' to find out where questions are being addressed to me. If for example I suspected Arnelos was going to be saying my name a lot I could just look at all of his posts by using the "find all posts by this user" function, but if I did that then I would miss any posts by NuclearWinter which he addressed to "MWIA".

This is something, as far as I am aware, can only be done by searching for a particular word/nick in all posts from all open threads. That doesn't seem to work too well right now.
              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
              X