No announcement yet.

Veteran's Contest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is "The Apolyton House for the Sims"? Is it related to the house we built for Karen Mills & family?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
      What is "The Apolyton House for the Sims"? Is it related to the house we built for Karen Mills & family?
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Maniac
        I was somewhat involved in GGS as well, and as far as I recall FreeCiv and Guns, Germs & Steel were always seperate projects. This seems supported, as UR points out, by the fact that FreeCiv still exists and GGS has been dead for quite a long time already
        Well, the error is obviously my own- but I think I asked Mark Everson about it- I must have misunderstood something... I know it seemed strange when I wrote it.

Hmm... apologies for the problem, but only 2 problems in 50 questions isn't that bad, really...
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Lancer-

It was a pretty popular item in the OT in December/Nov 2000

Rand Al'Tor ran it.

The Sims is a game

Provost Harrison was the dismal med student
          The Brain was always trying to kill someone (can't remember who)

and he had Dookie doing something along with a few other drawn out dramas in the same neighborhood, If I remember correctly
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Does anyone know anything about the Karen Mills house since its construction?
            Visit First Cultural Industries
            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
              Does anyone know anything about the Karen Mills house since its construction?
              IIRC Lancer asked for money to build a house for his wife's family in the Phillipines.

Last I heard of it is that Apolyton came up with a couple of million dollars and that Lancer is now living in the Bahamas (when he is not at his penthouse in NYC).
              Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
              And notifying the next of kin
              Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij

IIRC Lancer asked for money to build a house for his wife's family in the Phillipines.

Last I heard of it is that Apolyton came up with a couple of million dollars and that Lancer is now living in the Bahamas (when he is not at his penthouse in NYC).
                I knew it!
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Naw, I was more thinking on how you could build a whole house on money donated from Apolyton. $75.87 doesn't go all that far.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The US$ was stronger back then.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                      Maniac

Well, the error is obviously my own- but I think I asked Mark Everson about it- I must have misunderstood something... I know it seemed strange when I wrote it.
                      Cloudy,

Mark Everson is in charge of Clash of Civilizations, not FreeCiv, though
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                        Naw, I was more thinking on how you could build a whole house on money donated from Apolyton. $75.87 doesn't go all that far.
                        $75!!! I know he got more than that. Why, I myself sent him 26¢ and 3 bottle caps!
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Theben, if you come to the Phils w/ us in Sept you can meet Karen, and kick the little house we built her and her family, too see if it's real.

Zkribbler, (who gave hundreds, a true inspiration) and Ben Kenobi are going w/ us so they'll get a chance to check it out too.

It still amazes me that we built the thing. Think of all the BS that has gone through the OT...but for once we contributed to something real, to changing someone's life. Still brings me a smile and fond memories.

There was alot of attention seekers trying to shoot it down, and these used to bother me, but no more. All that BS has gone by just like all the rest, but that house remains to provide refuge to people who never had a place.

All the rest is meaningless.
                          Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Mark Everson is in charge of Clash of Civilizations, not FreeCiv, though
                            So what? He's involved in alt.civ's. He knows the community.

(once again- any error is my fault)
                            -->Visit CGN!

Comment

September, eh? I'll tell the boss I need that month off.

Comment

Working...
                              X