Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, but my editing a single post won't actually bring the thread back to the top.
    Even so, I can't be bothered searching for it ages later if someone wants to guess. It can die a nice natural death.

Comment

If I remember I'll PM you before it closes and you can update if you feel like it. It also makes it much easier for me to spot the winner next time.

Comment

so now can we start calling this the 'duke o' york's post stats challenge'?
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolus Rex
          These are fast-growing threads!

I repeat my previous bet (if it's still available): February 13th, 2004.

Bloody Monk,

A for realising so fast that you "stepped into something"!

Carolus
          Well thank you, CR.

I popped "the question" and in less than an hour I found 12 responses ( I think 5 of them by Theben). It was, to me, something like openning an exploding jack-in-the-box. For someone with my blood pressure that was quite a scintillating moment.

My problem is that I only JUST started looking beyond the Civ2 boards, thanks to the Hall of Fame vote. My loss, waiting so long. So, I failed in the due diligence end by not checking the past threads beyond the first page. And THAT realization hit me immediately. I had stepped into something, for sure.

So, now I know. MarkG was correct; this is a very interesting bit of sociology...and quite funny.

Monk
          so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

February 17th

Comment

I had stepped into something, for sure.
              Come to the OT, you will never leave...

The question was also funny because about once a month some starts a stat war. Inevitably someone ends up asking what the heck those numbers mean
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Two days too early , well congrats Ming.

Looks like February 16th is still available, so I take it.

-Martin
                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

As the honoree of this latest spamfest I have a few thoughts after reading all the previous installments. This really is like an ongoing saga.

Hats off to MarkG for setting up this experiment and sticking with it. This is something like a con game on Candid Camera, very funny. Also, a tip of the hat to rah for perceiving in the begining days how this would be a continuously looping spamfest. Also, the vision of DrSpike to set up a "contest".

For future installments I recommend a few "canned" responses. The list of links is a must with the admonishment to completely read the first/oldest one that is the longest. Then there should be an answer like...

Originally posted by Solver
                  Typing for the nth time:

These are dependent on your post count. A (attack) is based on how many posts you have. D (defense) is based on what your average posts-per-day is. M (movement) is based on the proportion of how long you have been registered to your post count. HP (hit points) shows how long it's till next A increase. When HP goes to 99, next increase, A increases by 1, and HP drops to 0.
                  or/and this link to HongHu's answer

And then there could be a calendar of guesses as most recently provided by duke of york.

This would make things easier I think.

Monk
                  so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york

15-Feb Maniac
                    18-Feb Theben

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

Feb 16
                    Martin - I took that first!

Hey duke! You missed me out, and I posted right above you!

/me waves hands
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

/me was not here.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Okay, let me chose 14 Feb, Valentine's Day
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I think someone took that, you ol' romantic.

Comment

February 17th

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody Monk

I popped "the question" and in less than an hour I found 12 responses ( I think 5 of them by Theben).
                              I guess that's because he more than "stepped into it" (see "his" thread; hilarious!) and was very happy someone else carried on the torch ( to you, Theben )...

Carolus

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                                Martin - I took that first!

Hey duke! You missed me out, and I posted right above you!

* MrWhereItsAt waves hands
                                You know you might be on his ignore list. Than waveing won't help you.
                                Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                                X