X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very amusing thread....

February 11

Comment

Thats the strangest thing about this all.
      Sure, these threads are pure spam. But it is interesting spam. I read those old threads every few times this comes up just for a few laughs, and will be following this thread until it drops again.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

ooh... february 14th (its the romantic in me)

jon.
        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
          Hehe, but moderating this bunch makes you even more suspicious than me.

I bet you still don't believe Rasputin's (the one before Theben's on the list above - Gramphos won I think) was genuine.
          What?

I guessed a date and the question where posted that date, and I had nothing to do with that it was posted so if someone tricked someone into asking someone did it on the wrong day for someone to win .
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

These are fast-growing threads!

I repeat my previous bet (if it's still available): February 13th, 2004.

Bloody Monk,

A for realising so fast that you "stepped into something"!

Carolus

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos

What?

I guessed a date and the question where posted that date, and I had nothing to do with that it was posted so if someone tricked someone into asking someone did it on the wrong day for someone to win .
              Don't worry, you won fair and square.

Btw if anyone digs up a 'lost' post stats thread on their travels please post the link here.

Comment

Am I the only one a little concerned that Ming got it almost dead right? Surely he could have used his mysterious powerZ to prompt the poster to post now? Perhaps through a creative use of the ban function until he was close enough to his time? Or perhaps he edited his original guess without leaving that little "Edited by xxxx" sticker on the post? Or maybe he is just fooling us all with those hypnotic eyes....

Anyways, Feb 16, if it's not taken.
                Last edited by MrWhereItsAt; January 15, 2004, 06:55.
                Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

09-Feb Bloody Monk
                  10-Feb Ming
                  11-Feb civman2000
                  12-Feb duke o' york
                  13-Feb Carolus Rex
                  14-Feb joncha
                  15-Feb Maniac
                  16-Feb MrWhereItsAt
                  17-Feb ixnay
                  18-Feb Theben
                  19-Feb Stuie
                  22-Feb DrSpike
                  24-Feb Gramphos
                  25-Feb rah
                  28-Feb Nikolai
                  29-Feb Alex
                  01-Mar Solver
                  04-Mar Drogue
                  05-Mar skywalker
                  08-Mar GhengisFarb
                  10-Mar Skanky Burns
                  15-Mar Ben Kenobi
                  16-Mar HongHu
                  21-Mar PLATO
                  18-Apr Japher

Time is running out! If your name's not down then you can't play.
                  Last edited by duke o' york; January 16, 2004, 09:21.

Comment

Thanks, that will make it easier for me to spot the winner in about 4 weeks, the next time the question is asked.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                      Thanks, that will make it easier for me to spot the winner in about 4 weeks, the next time the question is asked.
                      Actually it will be just a little over 9 weeks
                      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

4 weeks?!?
                        Now let me change my guess, quickly!
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Feb 25th for me.
                          Thanks for posting the list so I didn't have to track what was taken.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well I've updated the list for rah, and will do so if anyone else wants to post their bets too. Unless anyone complains convincingly, I'll only do this tomorrow and then it should close. If you have guessed but your name hasn't gone onto the list then don't kick up a fuss unless the list has been updated since you made your post. However, this special offer only lasts for a day (or so), because we want this to drop off the front page, and the contest can then commence!

Comment

We should keep posting until say, oh, Feb. 10th.
                              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Duke of York.........it usually stays active for longer than a couple of days, then drops peacefully off of the first page, when the thread will get closed. The only exception is when the thread attracts spam (whatever next ) and Ming closes it before the usual 7-10 day voting period.

Comment

Working...
                                X