My new threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new threads

I use my the 'my threads' link at the top quite a lot. I always found it a bit of a problem that the titles it brought up didn't have quick links to individual pages in the thread, but got used to it. I just found out that if you click 'my new threads' on the www.apolyton.net homepage it does give you page numbers, and rather oddly a reply button for each thread.

By looking at the addy, the link at the top seems to perform a search. The homepage link seems to provide some kind of built in VBulletin new threads search that is more functional.

Whats the reason for this difference?
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

I bet the search variant is easier on the server.

When My Threads was introduced it was like the one on the front page everywhere. I guess it was kept on the front page to still provide limited access to that more handy "old" variant. Just a bit extra helpful in case you have the front page set as your home page (or it is otherwise your Apolyton entry point).
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
      (or it is otherwise your Apolyton entry point).
      That's my case, and I use that link a lot. The fact that the "My threads" link at the top doesn't work like the link on the front page has always bugged me as well.
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
      X