This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for new ACS feature - post count wagering

Could a feature be added to ACS where gambling could be done among users with post counts being used to make wagers? I've seen this sort of thing on BBS software before. I personally don't particularly care about gaining or losing posts, I would just find it entertaining to be able to occasionaly bet on a sports event with some other users..

I doubt this will fly. But I'll let the powers that be give a more official NO.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hmmmm sounds interesting nonetheless.

Comment

Sounds fun but more work for Ming and co.

Comment

We could also raise money for the site by selling post counts, maybe at $0.02 each.
          Visit First Cultural Industries
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Give me 'Poly Dollars!!!

These could be purchased from the administration and used to settle bets and buy 'Poly merchandise.

What good is calling it a "post" count if you remove its relevance to posting?
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I suggest you drop by at CGN. It has a whole betting forum, and plenty of other things to waste your money on.[/shameless plug]

I'll even give you a hefty starting budget if you want. PM me (same name there) when you registered.
              Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

betting with your pc

Comment

It can be a good idea for the OTers whowant to be serious about their predictions. But if it cannot be atomatized, it's sure to taxextreme time to the mods, especially as people willwhine that they don't deserve to lose their postcount becaue of whatever BS reason.
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

yep... up to the owners... but all I see is yet another feature that will be probably abused by the posters I can think of many ways of abusing it even now without much thought on it
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Think of all the extra work.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

That would be Hella fun! Imagine sports bets meaning something when 100 posts are on the line .
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

It would depend on how many posts you would be willing to wager. Heck I'd be a Settler now after the Sugar Bowl this year.....

Comment

May I use the PC that I would have if I didn't take vacations and if the OT still counted?

Comment

500 POSTS that this isn't implemented
                              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Working...
                              X