X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP Coding

Greetings,

I know squat about PHP code, but I am helping a friend clean up a brand new site he just launched. I am wondering if it is possible to discuss PHP code changes, or if that is a hush hush liscencing type of thing. Basically I know a few sites that have obviously changed some things, and I am wondering if I can tell my friend how to achieve simmilar things. If it is possible, then I will ask some questions thereafter. Thanks.

depends on what you want to change. if you're interested in vbulletin, i sure hope your friend has a legal copy of it
    cause otherwise i dont see why he shouldbe wondering about licenses

anyway, freel free to ask (in the OT of course)
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

So is this a forum or something else with premade functioning PHP pages? In either case, there's nothing wrong with modifying the PHP code.

Comment

Markos, feel free to move this thread, or I can start a new one. I figfured this was Web-Community related.

ixnay, the forum is one for Volkswagen cars that my mechanic friend has started. You can find it here.

Some things that I would like to 'import' if you will are like the really cool civgroups thing going on here, and maybe like the multi-page pulldown menu at the bottom of threads. If you recall Markos, I suggested that, and it took you not too long to whip up a code for that. Is that some thing you share with people, is it compatable with other forum versions etc. There are cool things on other forums that I'd like my friend to have and I just don't know enough about how to go about it. I really don't know alot about this... thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
          depends on what you want to change. if you're interested in vbulletin, i sure hope your friend has a legal copy of it
          cause otherwise i dont see why he shouldbe wondering about licenses
          No, no its all legal, I just didn't know if it is cool to for instance post a chunk of code in a thread or somesuch.

Comment

This thread may be locked. New one here:

Comment

Working...
            X