I HATE this!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oerdin's link
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to minimize or eliminate these ads?
      Use a decent browser like Mozilla, Mozilla Firebird or Opera. No need for add-ons.

But, even though I use Firebird both at work and at home, I've put Apolyton in the list of sites which always display pop-up windows. It's the least I can do to support this wonderful site.
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I'm sure this is stupid but from reading this I am a little confused.
        What does it take for pop up adverts to make money for the site and what is it based on?
        Is it each time that it pops up?
        Do you need to folllow the link?
        It seems as though certain interface styles get less pop ups. Does this impact on revenue?

Comment

I'm with Alex. Don't mind the popups...we are using this site completely free of charge.
          Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Is it each time that it pops up?

Yep, although I do think you have to leave it open for a few seconds.
            Do you need to folllow the link?

Not certain, but Poly does get money if you buy from Amazon for example after having followed the link.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Thank you alva .
              All I need to know now is how to rise from the dead, win my wife back, be a nicer man and get up on time.

Comment

Originally posted by flipside
                Thank you alva .
                All I need to know now is how to rise from the dead, win my wife back, be a nicer man and get up on time.
                get up on time is the most difficult thing to me.

Comment

If we had an option to pay to avoid popups, the admin would have a point. As it is though, we don't have any choice at all. Either we are forced to put up with popups, or we are forced to make Poly poorer by denying it any income from us.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I can easily put up with some pop ups here at Poly.

Comment

If you want to still help the site while still downloading the google toolbar, I recommend changing you viewing style to seeing images out of threads (that's what I do) and so when I click on images, I see ads! and help the site!

Since I run a modem, this is a more practical way for me to financially support the site!
                      -->Visit CGN!
                      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I think it would be entertaining if every 20th popup wasn't an ad but just something silly to replace the nonexistent quotes after posting.
                        Visit First Cultural Industries
                        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

why can't you just have an ad in place of those quotes when you post?
                          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Uber KruX
                            why can't you just have an ad in place of those quotes when you post?
                            cause the redirect pages are in similar function to an autoreloaded page and ads on such pages are not allowed by our ad providers...
                            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

What I don't get is why it worked with less ads in the past, but now, it seems like you need at least one ad for each single thing you in this forum, be it a download, a PM or anything else.
                              This is definately going too far. A little bit of adding on this site is allright, but it is now behaving almost like my mailbox, which has about 70 spam emails per day.
                              Follow the masses!
                              30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

actually we do have a choice - use opera and ban all popups

Comment

Working...
                                X