I HATE this!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I HATE this!!!!

What the heck is up with massive increase in ads? What is DanQ and MArkG not making enough money already so now I have to get an ad with every single mouse click? I also don't find it helpful that they make me watch an ad for 15 seconds every time I click on an outside link.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to minimize or eliminate these ads? A pop up blocker will work for the pop ups but what about the redirect ads you get when clicking a link?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

So I've downloaded a program called pop up stopper and it blocks all of the pop ups but it leaves a message telling me that it's blocked the pop up. This message is almost as annoying as the pop ups themselves.

Comment

Click 'skip'.
      cIV list: cheats
      Now watch this drive!

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
        So I've downloaded a program called pop up stopper and it blocks all of the pop ups but it leaves a message telling me that it's blocked the pop up. This message is almost as annoying as the pop ups themselves.

While I don't recommend that people use ad blockers when viewing this site.... You can eliminate the additional message just by turning that feature off
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

IIRC, we have talked about this before.

Anyway,, the most of us thought this was a better idea than pop ups and another kinds of ads

Fortune and Glory, here I come!!!.
          Indiana Jones
          Spanish Empire Civ for Civilization 5 (in Spanish/en Español)

Comment

Thanks Ming. The pop up blockers pop ups are now history.

Comment

And so is the income that these pop-ups generate for poly..
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Re: I HATE this!!!!

What the heck is up with massive increase in ads? What is DanQ and MArkG not making enough money already so now I have to get an ad with every single mouse click? I also don't find it helpful that they make me watch an ad for 15 seconds every time I click on an outside link.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to minimize or eliminate these ads? A pop up blocker will work for the pop ups but what about the redirect ads you get when clicking a link?
                Google toolbar. The "skip" link.

Comment

get the google tool bar. you can disable the messages that come up saying it stopped a popup

Comment

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today

Take a deep breath and count to ten. It'll help your blood pressure, AND let people start to listen to you seriously.

(1) If they were doing great and swimming in riches, then, they wouldn't have put them in. Do you think they hate you on purpose or something?
                    (2) You're not supposed to be getting them on every page. Make sure cookies are on, or try a different forum style.
                    (3) Did you see this great little link called "Skip"?
                    (4) Apolyton does not gain revenue from blocked pop-ups.
                    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Not being a bootlicker or something, but both Markos and Dan have been working hard for the site, so if they make some money from it, great

Besides, they have also been quite responsive with our requests. Like the UGO thing some time back, and the problem with Gator, and so on.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Hmm. All I know is that if some advertiser's ad doesn't come up, forums won't load. My browser will sit there with the message, "Attempting to connect ..." or somesuch message. When I tell it to stop, the page will only partially load (up to the point where it sent the request for the non-responding advertiser's ad).

I had to use a back door approach to get into the forums tonight.

Gatekeeper
                        "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

HACK APOLYTON!!!!one!

those click through ads are EXTREMELY annoying. can you at least modify them to show up once an hour or something?

also, in-site links (to other poly pages) shouldnt have the click through ads at all, IMHO.
                          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

"http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104786" Here is a test link without the forwarding ads.

Edit: It doesn't seem to work. Can somebody give me a quick lesson in ahref?

Comment

Click the 'URL' button.
                              Simple HTML links:

<a href="www.whatever.com/something"> Click Here! </a>

[edit]Grumble...
                              cIV list: cheats
                              Now watch this drive!

Comment

Working...
                              X