I want an updated Iraqi flag.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chilean President
    Mark I have a question. There are a few regional flags like the Canary Island, Baleares, the Isle of Man, etc... why there isn't the flag of Quebec?

If that flag is actually available and I di not noticed it, never mind
    Come to CivGaming.net if you want one
    Visit http://www.civgaming.net/

Comment

Re: Re: Re: I want an updated Iraqi flag.

Originally posted by lord of the mark

Location? Then why is a UN flag available? And an EU flag. An english poster can use an English (corss of St Edward?) flag, a Union Jack, an EU flag, or a UN flag, all with subtle differences in political-cultural allegiance implited. And lots of people use flags to express things - not only UN or EU, but many people who used Iraq flags early this year, Israeli flags by non-Israelis, Pal flags by non-Pals, Americans using flags of country there grandparents immigrated from, etc. Not to mention people picking obscure flags cause theyre pretty.
      It's not a very good idea to argue with the owner of the site when you want to make a change....

They discussed every detail of their first day in office, including the backdrop for their news conference — the colors of the Iraqi flag, but not the flag itself because it bears Mr. Hussein's handwritten war cry, "God is great!""
      New Proposed Iraqi Flag:
      Attached Files
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

We're not talking about adding flags here, just changing them. Is it that hard to find the image and replace it? Someone here could easily supply the corrected version. Surely no harder than the special smilies we got now.
        Visit First Cultural Industries
        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Well, if it's "no harder than the special smilies we got now", I hope the US flag is the one to disappear

Comment

Tass, how about add flames to every flag in the way they add hats to the smileys?
            Visit First Cultural Industries
            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

No. It'll make the pages longer.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: I want an updated Iraqi flag.

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

It's not a very good idea to argue with the owner of the site when you want to make a change....

I trust Mark enough to listen to a different viewpoint, and still decide based on fairness, justice, and most importantly, whats convenient for the owners of the site So I thought i would ask the question - im not trying to be argumentative (not on this) just really want to understand what hes saying.

In any case I think this cause is lost, until the sources that generally supply flag icons en masse make the change. To do it individually is too much trouble, and i suppose opens up other possible disputes.

Until I then i will unfortunately not be able to use the Iraqi flag icon.
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                  Well, if it's "no harder than the special smilies we got now", I hope the US flag is the one to disappear
                  3 out of 10
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Lord of the mark,

Nice flag selection. I applaud your choice.

Shogun Gunner
                    Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

@Tass:
                      Cuando un dedo señala la luna, los tontos miran el dedo. (del Mayo francés)

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I want an updated Iraqi flag.

Originally posted by lord of the mark

I trust Mark enough to listen to a different viewpoint, and still decide based on fairness, justice, and most importantly, whats convenient for the owners of the site
                        DanQ is the fair, reasonable one Markos is the insane one: D

Comment

Lord of the mark,

Nice flag selection. I applaud your choice.

Same here. I'd also like to see the Afghani flag changed to its current one.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                          X