No announcement yet.

Why was I unable to post yesterday??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not arguing the rules. The rules are good and fine. It's the form that angered me.

Comment

Originally posted by El Awrence
      ignoring the email I sent Ming especially
      I can honestly say I did not remember seeing an email from you. Granted, I get over 200 emails a day to my apolyton account, and i might have accidently erased it as I removed all the spam that I get. If I missed it, I'm sorry.

As many people on the list can tell you, I responded quickly to their PM's on the subject. (PM's are the best way to reach me) And I also respond to email at least once a day, but not usually until the evening when I'm at home.

However, it is your obligation as a "member" of this site to know the rules. When you registered, you agreed to follow them. But remember... You are the one that broke the rules here...
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

Granted, I get over 200 emails a day to my apolyton account,
        200 a day?!

What do people write to you about? Not mainly hate mail, I hope?

Carolus

Comment

After my head cooling a little, I propose that Apolyton only allow Upload service to members of private forums.

Private forum members get their storage space, no one else gets the chance to abuse it, everyone's happy.

Except for whoever has to redo the coding for the system to accomodate.
          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

love letters
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Carolus Rex

200 a day?!

What do people write to you about? Not mainly hate mail, I hope?

Carolus
              Very few are actually from people. The majority of them are spam (and I'm talking about stuff that get's past Apolyton's spam filiters) because "wise guys" sign my email address up to some interesting sites, and the rest are new registrations to the site. I have to look very hard to actually find real emails to that account, because they get lost in all the crap.
              If I don't check it at least once a day, I could have 500 email to go through, so it would surprise me if I missed one.
              Yet, most people would tell you that I do respond to my email within 24 to 48 hours. PM's are always returned faster.
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Well, if you deleted an email subject with "Possibly Serious Bug" then I'm beginning to worry about this administration.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

Very few are actually from people. The majority of them are spam
                  Ok, I misunderstood. I thought it was 200 e-mails a day from Apolytoners complaining about your moderating...

Yes, spam has gotten completely out of control...

Carolus

Comment

Well, if you deleted an email subject with "Possibly Serious Bug" then I'm beginning to worry about this administration.

Heh, heh!

Well, I get a lot of e-mails from "Microsoft" telling me to "Use this patch immediately!"... Leftovers from a very big worm attack some months ago, the biggest in Sweden's history so far...

They go instantly down the e-mail drain...

Carolus

Comment

I wish I was M$.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolus Rex
                        Ok, I misunderstood. I thought it was 200 e-mails a day from Apolytoners complaining about your moderating...

Yes, spam has gotten completely out of control...
                        Yes... the spam is totally out of control, but I have to live with it. The Ming@apolyton.net account is important to me being able to do the job.

But I still do get a lot of emails from members... the trick is being able to identify them. Many people have gotten smart, and include their Apolyton Names in the subject line. Since many people have real strange email addresses, it makes it hard for me to identify who they are unless they actually tell me. (I can do a search of members to identify who it is, but that doesn't always work since people send me emails from accounts different to what they used to sign up at Apolyton.)
                        So I wouldn't be surprised if I miss an occasional email.

I would recommend that if you do try to send me one, you include Apoyton or your handle in the subject line. That increases the chances of me seeing it and not just throwing it in the trash with the rest of the spam.

But I would also recommend you just PM me
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

Well, about PMs, I haven't been able to get them to work for years. People couldn't seem to send me any (inbox full even when the inbox had been purged and emptied). So there's another 'bug'.

Comment

Well, about PMs, I haven't been able to get them to work for years. People couldn't seem to send me any (inbox full even when the inbox had been purged and emptied). So there's another 'bug'.

At least I have an easy response to that one....

NOT MY JOB

However, I will look into it for you when I get a chance over the weekend...
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Well, about PMs, I haven't been able to get them to work for years. People couldn't seem to send me any (inbox full even when the inbox had been purged and emptied).
                              You do realize that the contents of your sent items box also counts toward capacity?
                              Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                              Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                              "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                              From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Is your outbox full then?

Checking from the begining in both?
                                Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                                X