Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another good reason to switch to Mozilla
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
      GPF means a program tries to write to some area in the main memory which is used by another program.

The two main causes are either the program is badly written (or somehow corrupted) or the CPU is acting strangely, which generally is caused by overheating.

One thing you may want to try is to repair or update IE. Of course, it's better to change to a better browser.
      And here I was, making weird theories as to what GPF might be! And it's in reality nothing more than I originally thought when I saw the message: a memory violation.

As far as the program being badly written... Well... This is IE. But, like I said, in the two years I've been using WinXP on my laptop, IE has only crashed three times... All three being in the last 24 hours, trying to access 'Poly. Now, whether this is because I spend more time on 'Poly than on any other site and thus statistically you'd expect more crashes here, or because something funky's going on with the Javascripts, I don't know.
      XBox Live: VovanSim
      xbox.com (login required)
      Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
      Spore page

Comment

Of course, it's better to change to a better browser.

Try Opera.

another good reason to switch to Mozilla

Hehe, thanks for the advice folks. But I think I said it before somewhere (though it may have not been on these forums ): I am so used to IE, that I don't really like any other browsers any more. I tried both Mozilla and Opera a while back, and switched back to IE after a day or two. Though I do use Mozille when I am using my Linux install, so I am getting used to it... Slowly but surely. Maybe one of these days I'll switch the browser on Windows, too...
        XBox Live: VovanSim
        xbox.com (login required)
        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
        Spore page

Comment

whats with all the pop unders? Used to be pop ups and only 1 or 2 on first screen, but now 3 or more pop unders everytime you change screens. Only get them on this site. Still.

Comment

Originally posted by vovan

Any way, I wonder if those advertisers will ever learn.
            I wonder when ACS will learn to stop running such ad campaigns and provide a good ad free alternative to people. ACS itself can do alot to stop that - by removing all pop-ups or by giving an ad free option.

It's not like you can blame the advertisers only, when the ads were placed here by ACS.
            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by heysewa
              Used to be pop ups and only 1 or 2 on first screen, but now 3 or more pop unders everytime you change screens.
              3 or more on every page? shouldnt happen... do you have cookies enabled?
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

good reason to move away from IE until MS automatically shuts everything off, as it does for the hardened/enhanced security on ie present in IE for Win2k3.
                B♭3

Comment

Apolyton = pop-up hell

Also, I find in recent weeks that I am frequently getting logged out and sent back to the login screen to login. Sometimes this is proceeded by being sent first to a version of Apolyton with a white background instead of the normal black. There is no 'my threads' menu option within the white background version. Then, shortly after, it is back to login screen. What is up with that?

Comment

Whenever you login Mark has arranged for you to be transported to a parallel dimension where my threads does not exist. In this dimension though, someone has probably already posted to tell you it might be a problem with cookies.

Comment

Working...
                    X