Are you auto-logged in the Directory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

Did I some mistakes? Well looks like I did somespellings and grammers et cetera... Maybe I shouldn't post while I am deugging CTP2.

So I try again.

Since I installed Mozilla 1.5 I allowed cookies for Apolyton. My intention was only to allow Apolyton to set cookies. But obviously I got a lot more sides that set cookies without asking me. Maybe I didn't figured out how to set it properly.

So I allowed cookies from Apolyton but didn't activate the option browse Apolyton with cookies in my profile. The result was that I was auto logged in the Directory and was able to quote other people by using the quote button from the board without a relogin.

Afterwards I looked into my Mozilla properties I noticed that more page were allowed to set cookies then I indended, so I removed them and cleared all the cookies. And then page behaviour went back to normal, with the No loogged in message in the directory and the need for relogin when I hit the quote with reply button or the edit button.

Well the text went very long, so I hope you understand it now. so back to CTP2.

-Martin
    hi ,

cant you make a rule to accept cookies from apolyton only , .......

have a nice day
    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by panag

hi ,

cant you make a rule to accept cookies from apolyton only , .......

have a nice day
      Possibly I can make it so, unfortunatly I can't find anymore the option to add sides that are allowed to set cookies. And as it looks that I need a lot of time to find it I don't bother to find that option, especially if I consinder that these sides that were allowed to set cookies on my computer, weren't allowed to set cookies by me. Probably except Apolyton.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

edit -> preferences -> privacy&security -> cookies -> enable cookies for the originating site only
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
          edit -> preferences -> privacy&security -> cookies -> enable cookies for the originating site only
          Not quite that what I want, because this option means that I accept all cookies from sites that I visit explicitly. At least that is what the name of the option tells me. On the same page of the properties window there is a button that leads me to a cookie manager, and it listed sites that were allowed to set cookies and sites that weren't allowed to set cookies. I deleted all in the list and now I don't seem the option to readd an page again.

-Martin

Comment

tools -> cookie manager -> block cookies from this site

Comment

tools -> cookie manager -> block cookies from this site
              Well it should have been:

tools -> cookie manager -> accept cookies from this site

It does work now, but it doesn't feel good. So I got three cookies, well now I have four I just have visited the directory:

bblastvisit: no idea for what it is.
              sessionhash: seems to be the session number that is displayed in the addess bar of my browser.
              CookiesOn: seems to be a bool, probably it tells the page if my browser accepts cookies.
              sid: Seems to be the directory session id I am assigned to.

So the only question I have now concerns the use of the bblastvisit cookie.

-Martin

Comment

bblastvisit = bulletin board last visit

we're not tracking down your private life martin, just when you used the site....

Comment

I am no logged in there, even thouth I am auto logged onto the forums.
                  Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                  Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                  "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                  From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

bblastvisit = bulletin board last visit
                    It rather sounded like a Blast Worm or something like this.

we're not tracking down your private life martin, just when you used the site....
                    And you are sure that Apolyton is not part of my private life. Well it looks like that only allowing Apolyton to set cookies does work.

-Martin

Comment

Not Auto-Logged
                      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

yes I'm logged in.

I didn't realize we had files at Apolyton

Comment

Working...
                        X