This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Civ-Macintosh" forum

What good is this forum? The name is entirely misleading, the threads in there are no more than circle jerks from Mac fanatics bashing Bill Gates and worshipping Steve Jobs, with nothing to do with Civilization, and they get post counts.

I have a few issues with this forum:
  • It is off-topic, not relating to Civilization whatsoever, and thus should belong in the Off Topic forum (or a subforum) and not receive any post count
  • It is unmoderated
  • Certain people in it seem to think that they own it and can curse and order certain other people out

If we're going to keep the forum, should it not be renamed to "Macintosh Forum" and be made a subforum off Off Topic? Further, why do the Macheads get their own forum where they can touch eachother in special places while there still exists no general technology forum?

A reorganization is required.
"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

I normally don't visit the Mac forums, but since Asher brought this up, I took a look. Indeed, none of the threads on the first page of the forums have anything whatsoever to do with Civ or even games, from what I can tell.

So, second Asher's motion for reorganization.
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

Comment

Thanks for pointing this out... I think I will take a "look"
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Wow! 7 newly locked threads overthere. It looks like Bloody Thursday for the Mac forum...uh... I mean Mac-CIV forum. Was this truly an unmoderated forum or was someone asleep at the wheel?

I do find Agathon's last post to me a "be careful what you ask for" post:

Jesus, we need a mod.

Looks like you got your wish Agathon!

BTW, Asher...I would avoid any Mac-Poly meets for the forseeable future!
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Oh, I would totally go to one if it was in Calgary.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Like we would've invited him any way. If there's one thing we Mac people don't like, it's petty *****es.

I hope you're happy, Glonk.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Agathon asked for a mod, and he got one.

*shrug*

Comment

Asher, be carefull when your lights go out and your windows break. Because, I will be there

Comment

The forum was being abused. Frankly, I thought there was a mod still attached to it (MacUser) So I never checked it out.

Now I see it needs to be checked.

Tech discussions are a staple of the OTF... there is no need for a seperate forum. It has been asked for before, and rejected.

If the owners change their mind on this subject... fine.
                  But that doesn't give people the right to abuse an on topic gaming forum. If the forum should die... let it... but it's not your personal sand box.
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

Should we assign a mod to it then, Ming?

Comment

No need... I'm looking at it now

And it will stay an on topic gaming forum from now on... or people will learn the hard way
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

Anyway, I request of the owners that the mac forum be returned to its former state (pre Asher) and that someone (like Monolith, or some other reasonable person) be asked to moderate it.

It wasn't a spam forum before Asher turned up, and it wasn't being abused (no one was filling up threads with spam for +1's).

We can't post in the OT because mac threads get flamed by insecure lunatics with agendas.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

No other special interest group has their own private on topic forum that isn't game related... why should you guys be special?

I would like an on topic sports forum... didn't happen.
                          Many people wanted an on topic tech forum... didn't happen.

Many forums have been requested by people... and they have been rejected by the OWNERS... who view this as a gaming site.

Your actions in the Mac Civ forum show your total disrespect for the owners of this site. If any other special interest group took over a dead or dying forum for their own use... the same thing would happen.

The OTF is for OFF GAMING TOPIC DISCUSSIONS... people whine and start mini flame wars on ALL subjects... Mac discussions aren't any different.

I think a lot of people just want +1 for their tech discussions... and since no other special interest group get to, why should you
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Oh please.

The thing has been off-topic for as long as I can remember.

The only reason I showed up was because a search for my name showed up in the Mac forum, with you guys bashing me no less.

I remember telling you a couple months ago that it was a Civ - Macintosh forum and you were being offtopic, and you basically called me a moron.

Comment

I second Ag's suggestion. It really was a good little forum, before it got caught in the crossfire from one sad person's personal agenda.
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Working...
                                X