No announcement yet.

idea for reducing DL's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not now, you are marked and will be watched accordingly......

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Damn!

Comment

so what if I create a DL called GhengisFarb's DL, I can escape scott free, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
          ... If someone creates a DL to troll... insult people... or get around a restriction, then we hunt them down
          ... and *DESTROY* them in GLORIOUS battle!!! Afterwards, we shall throw back a barrel of finely aged BLOODWINE!

Gatekeeper (it's the Klingon in me, I swear it is)
          "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Great idea! Or maybe "I Hate GhengisFarb".

Maybe not, I might develop a complex......................
            Charmon already been der and done dat.

And it was funnier than hell.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

DL's aren't really a problem. You see the only real way a DL is fun is if you use it to do precisely the things that will attract attention, and then a Mingapulco trip.

Comment

Alot of DL's are created by Ming so he can then show everyone how good he is at tracking them down
                Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                  Great idea! Or maybe "I Hate GhengisFarb".

I think DLs aren't much of a problem in the on topic fora. In fact, most of them are created there by posters, who just don't know that it is frowned upon to have a second handle and that it's possible to change the handle by asking a mod. Typically they just let their first handle die without causing any trouble. There were numerous examples, and nobody ever gave a damn. Look at one of the most famous Civ3 critics (aka "whiners" , to stir up a feel of the good old flamefests), Coracle, who also had the handle Encomium. And one of the most active Civ3 strategy forum regulars is de facto a DL too.

DLs in the off topic forum are mostly created to troll or to have fun otherwise. Some of the funniest stories I remember, or have heard of, involve DLs, mostly with funny names. Of course it's correct to hunt them down, once it's against the rules, but oh well... the OTF is trolled and spammed in an equal amount with or without DLs, so there! .

The DL dance is applied to almost all OTF newcomers, especially those who dare to create threads while having a brand new settler account. It's just good for a laugh and hardly meant bad. It's a part of Apolyton just like the Banana option.

That said,

Comment

The easiest way to reduce DLs is to tell us about them. Since they're not allowed, they will be dealt with.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I think that the easiest way to reduce DLs would be to get those posters on some medication for their schizophrenia

Comment

Originally posted by centrifuge
                        get those posters on some medication for their schizophrenia
                        I think Schizo is when you hear voices/see things.... MPD is personality.
                        cIV list: cheats
                        Now watch this drive!

Comment

The best way is to ban Alexander's Horse's IP.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

branching threads would reduce DL's

Comment

It would reduce the amount of posters too...by quite a lot I would think.
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I honestly don't know. What are branching threads and how would they reduce the number of DLs?
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X