No announcement yet.

:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So while on vacation how many people do you expect to send on vacation?

Comment

Well after that pun it's clear where he should start.

Comment

Since Greece is Nato, whatever his rank is called in Greece, if he is a junior officer, he is probably either second leutenant, or if he is a noncom, he would be a sergeant.

Asmodean
        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

this might be a greek invention. i'm still in the army doing my mandatory service, but i get to be a low rank officer. my rank is just below a junior/second lieutenant, i'll do more time(17 instead of 12 months of a normal conscript) but now that i'm going to a unit, i'll have (or that's the catch line) an officer's work hours(m-f, 7:00-14:30)
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

this might be a greek invention.

Nope, sounds pretty much the same as it used to be done here.
            -
            I think you should go to your union and demand better hours though
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
              this might be a greek invention. i'm still in the army doing my mandatory service, but i get to be a low rank officer. my rank is just below a junior/second lieutenant, i'll do more time(17 instead of 12 months of a normal conscript) but now that i'm going to a unit, i'll have (or that's the catch line) an officer's work hours(m-f, 7:00-14:30)
              not a single evening duty, or weekend dutie.

But thismean you will be in the army for additional 5 months...
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

But thismean you will be in the army for additional 5 months...

Nope, this means he' sgot something to do and a reason to get up in the morning...for a few extra months
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

And Poly isn't enough for him?
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

What? Are you implying Poly needs continious maintenance or som'inc'k !?!?
                    -

Well, he can still do that in the evening. As long as we don't have a life....

Comment

not a single evening duty, or weekend dutie
                      no,no, depending on the number of officers, i'll have an "officer on service for the night" duty every few days(or more days if things are better)....

Comment

Sounds like you are having some fun, Mark.

btw, that picture for your avatar is great.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

not a single evening duty, or weekend dutie
                          no,no, depending on the number of officers, i'll have an "officer on service for the night" duty every few days(or more days if things are better)....
                          Does that mean you will walk around with a sharp ammunition loaded gun those nights? (And is there a similar posion for days?)

Of is there something less important.
                          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Does that mean you will walk around with a sharp ammunition loaded gun those nights?
                            no, this kind of duty(which exists) is done by privates(i've done it as part of my training). each night(literally after 14:30 when all officers leave) an officer(and helping officer) stay in the unit in charge of everything...

Comment

Does that mean you will walk around with a sharp ammunition loaded gun those nights?
                              no, this kind of duty(which exists) is done by privates(i've done it as part of my training). each night(literally after 14:30 when all officers leave) an officer(and helping officer) stay in the unit in charge of everything...
                              Sounds pretty much like it's the same as it was for me when I served as a second leutenent in the Danish army 12 years ago.

Only difference: We worked untill 15:00, not 14:30

But them greeks have always been lazy bastards

Asmodean
                              Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

update: i'm now an officer of the greek army but i'll stay in school for 2 more weeks of specialty training in communications. then i have 2 weeks of vacation and then i'm trasnfared to unit in Evros, Thrace near the borders with Bulgaria and Turkey

Comment

Working...
                                X