But them greeks have always been lazy bastards
    it's our national sport
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
      for how long?
      I was in the army reserve officer's program, meaning that I still get to be called upon if the s*** hits the fan

First I was a recruit/sergeant trainee for six months, after which I was promoted to sergeant. I then served as a sergeant for 1 month, before I went to officer school. In the short space of 4 months I was then trained to be a second leutenant. After that I had 1 month to prepare the traning schedule of a platton of new recruits, and then I was platoon leader for 1 year, supervising the actual training of these recruits.

So I was in the army for 2 years, but only 13 months as an officer.

Asmodean
      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

similar stuff. upon completion of my service, i'll be in the reserves as well....

Comment

Does that mean you will walk around with a sharp ammunition loaded gun those nights?
          no, this kind of duty(which exists) is done by privates(i've done it as part of my training). each night(literally after 14:30 when all officers leave) an officer(and helping officer) stay in the unit in charge of everything...
          In sweden they would not let privates (other than the guard and possible Military Police) walk around with sharp ammo (at least not on the regements, in field it could sometimes be allowed, but with high security routines). But if something happens there is always a group of privates to be ready to send out. But normal survillance are done by the guard (control in- and outpassing to the regement), which are specially trained privates, and by the day-officer, which is an officer that controls the order inside the regement, and always is armed. And I thought your "officer on service for the night" duty was something similr to a night 'day officer' shift, but I guess I was wrong
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

so if privates dont guard the regement what do they do all day(and night) long?

Comment

Come back, Mark.

Comment

Wow, you got an officer's rank pretty fast...

Are you sure you're not simply a sergeant?

Comment

no, i'm part of the elite

Comment

so if privates dont guard the regement what do they do all day(and night) long?
                    As I said there is the guard plutons which do nothing but guarding (both inside the regement and on other storage areas on secret locations in case an alarm goes off)

Than there are these force of normal privates that are ready to get out at any time. I don't remeber the time they have to get ready any time of the day/night right now, but it's either 30 minutes or 60 minutes (I think it's 60 minutes, because an offiicer that is commander of the said force must have time to get to the regement from his/her home)

That time that I don't remember is the maximum time from an alert is issued until the force is ready to leave the regement fully armed and with equipment for staying out for at least 24 hours if needed. This foorce is used to help the civil defence and to guard military storage areas where the alarm is in mallfuction.

It's half a year since I demobbed, and I already start to forget the rules. Oh, well, I know that I have 20 minutes (or was it 15 ) to deploy the system unit I were working (and playing GameBoy when there were nothing to do (I wasn't allowed to install Civ on the computers )) in.
                    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                    X