• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search function disabled?

Why?
    Attached Files
    PHOENIXCAGER
    The Civilization Gaming Network

Probably part of the ongoing experiments to try and keep 'Poly up for more than a few hours.

Comment

I noticed Civ Fanatics had their search function disabled as well, at least for a time.

Comment

It automatically shuts down when the forum is busy, IIRC. Like avatars.

Speaking of that, when will avatars come back?

Comment

Oh, I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it
          PHOENIXCAGER

Comment

I plan on re-enabling the "Search" function as soon as Apolyton's hosts, RackShack, installs the requested memory upgrade (see http://apolyton.net/about for related discussion).

----------
            Dan; Apolyton CS
            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
              I plan on re-enabling the "Search" function as soon as Apolyton's hosts, RackShack, installs the requested memory upgrade (see http://apolyton.net/about for related discussion).

----------
              Dan; Apolyton CS
              hi ,

excellent , cause going true the archives aint fun without a search , .......

have a nice day

panag burns a candle and prays that the update gets done within 24 hours
              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

panag: Is your candle still livin'

Cause I think you may need it for another prayer. Time's more than halfway up now.

Asmodean
                Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ

----------
                  Dan; Apolyton CS
                  So the situation is really bad, huh?
                  PHOENIXCAGER

Comment

You may not have noticed avatars missing before, but surely you noticed when Poly was down for days on end...
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

DanQ:
                      When you reenable the search function, can we hope for it to search the archives too ?
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

So what is preventing you from upgrading this site to 2.3.2?
                        The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish, and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and goodwill, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down on thee with great vengence and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengence upon thee.

Comment

Apolyton has been customized to death. By upgrading, ALL those customizations are lost. Going to 2.3.2 isn't worth that price.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Apolyton has been customized to death.

And the reason for Poly's down time is revealed.
                            Last edited by geeslaka; August 25, 2003, 20:42.
                            American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                            I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                            Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                            XGalaga.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixcager

So the situation is really bad, huh?
                              Given that "really bad" is a subjective assessment to an extent, I will say that the reasoning behind the disabling at this time is a reflection of both present circumstances and trying to be as cautious as possible for the immediate future.

Suffice to say that the situation right now is pressing enough such that it was felt that the measure cited above would be prudent. See "Open Letter From The Administration (2)" at http://apolyton.net/about for a related report.

------------
                              Dan; Apolyton CS
                              PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                              >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Working...
                              X