Weird effect of the dino forum being subordinated the "Other Games forum"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird effect of the dino forum being subordinated the "Other Games forum"

Hmmm...weird. When I post in the dinosaurs forum, and then check the forum front page, it shows that I made the most recent post in the other games, allthough I didn't. I made the most recent post in the dino forum. This is probably an effect of the dinosaurs forum being subordinated the other games forum.

I don't know if this can be sorted out or not, or even if it should be. But at least I can go to sleep knowing that I have done my duty as an Apolytoner, and reported an abnormality to the site owners.

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

From experience from other forums, this is not weird at all. But anyway, why is this such a big problem?
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

It is not a big problem. I just noticed it, decided within myself that it is probably an abnormality, and then I went and reported it. That's all.

Asmodean
      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

OK. But FYI, this is normal from other forums I've seen. The bigger question is what we discuss in another thread; Why do we have the forum...
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

uh oh, someone's posted into the dino forum again
          badams

Comment

Originally posted by badams52

Comment

Go into 'Other Games' and you can see you have the last post in the Dinosaurs forum. Besides, I don't think anyone should really lose any sleep worrying this 'problem'.

Comment

Originally posted by badams52
                uh oh, that probably means I've been caught slacking again
                American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                XGalaga.

Comment

The last post was made in the Other Games forum. Just because it was in the Dino forum in the Other Games forum doesn't matter, so long as the Dino forum also shows up that there is a new post there.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Re: Weird effect of the dino forum being subordinated the "Other Games forum"

Originally posted by Asmodean
                    Hmmm...weird. When I post in the dinosaurs forum, and then check the forum front page, it shows that I made the most recent post in the other games, allthough I didn't. I made the most recent post in the dino forum. This is probably an effect of the dinosaurs forum being subordinated the other games forum.

I don't know if this can be sorted out or not, or even if it should be. But at least I can go to sleep knowing that I have done my duty as an Apolytoner, and reported an abnormality to the site owners.

Asmodean
                    That's an effect of "subforums" - for posting and a lot of other queries, they're part of their parent forum.
                    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
                    X