Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MichaeltheGreat
    replied
    Re: Weird effect of the dino forum being subordinated the "Other Games forum"

Originally posted by Asmodean
    Hmmm...weird. When I post in the dinosaurs forum, and then check the forum front page, it shows that I made the most recent post in the other games, allthough I didn't. I made the most recent post in the dino forum. This is probably an effect of the dinosaurs forum being subordinated the other games forum.

I don't know if this can be sorted out or not, or even if it should be. But at least I can go to sleep knowing that I have done my duty as an Apolytoner, and reported an abnormality to the site owners.

Asmodean
    That's an effect of "subforums" - for posting and a lot of other queries, they're part of their parent forum.

Leave a comment:

• Skanky Burns
    replied
    The last post was made in the Other Games forum. Just because it was in the Dino forum in the Other Games forum doesn't matter, so long as the Dino forum also shows up that there is a new post there.

Leave a comment:

• geeslaka
    replied
    Originally posted by badams52
    uh oh, someone's posted into the dino forum again
    uh oh, that probably means I've been caught slacking again

Leave a comment:

• DrSpike
    replied
    Go into 'Other Games' and you can see you have the last post in the Dinosaurs forum. Besides, I don't think anyone should really lose any sleep worrying this 'problem'.

Leave a comment:

• Asmodean
    replied
    Originally posted by badams52

Leave a comment:

• badams52
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nikolai
    replied
    OK. But FYI, this is normal from other forums I've seen. The bigger question is what we discuss in another thread; Why do we have the forum...

Leave a comment:

• Asmodean
    replied
    It is not a big problem. I just noticed it, decided within myself that it is probably an abnormality, and then I went and reported it. That's all.

Asmodean

Leave a comment:

• Nikolai
    replied
    From experience from other forums, this is not weird at all. But anyway, why is this such a big problem?

Leave a comment:

• Weird effect of the dino forum being subordinated the "Other Games forum"

Hmmm...weird. When I post in the dinosaurs forum, and then check the forum front page, it shows that I made the most recent post in the other games, allthough I didn't. I made the most recent post in the dino forum. This is probably an effect of the dinosaurs forum being subordinated the other games forum.

I don't know if this can be sorted out or not, or even if it should be. But at least I can go to sleep knowing that I have done my duty as an Apolytoner, and reported an abnormality to the site owners.

Asmodean
Working...
X