This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop up hell

Why have I received a pop up about every hour or so? Many of them gator, and / or multiples?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

They are probably all the fault of one advertising company not following the rules.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Another 15 minutes, 2 more pop up assaults. 1 of them gator.

/Sorry, 20 minutes.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Another 2 pop ups going to another section, and then getting back here.

Is anyone else getting this? Maybe I should be checking my system.

Thing is, it does not happen elsewhere.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)

Comment

And another pair of pop ups.

At this rate, I better be one of Poly's top earners, or I'm gonna get seriously unhappy.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)

Comment

Wait a minute, I'm not too happy as it is...
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)

Comment

Maybe you should try a real Browser. Mozilla, Mozilla Firebird or Opera. They all know how to kill those annoying pop-ups.

Proud Mozzist with only one pop-up in 6 months
              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Proud Opera Singer with only no pop-ups in 12 months

Comment

Proud Mozzist who got the pop-up accidentally, and before that was pop-up free for at least one year (or was it since Mozilla 1.0)
                  "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Re: Pop up hell

Originally posted by notyoueither
                    Why have I received a pop up about every hour or so? Many of them gator, and / or multiples?

Only one popup each hour? I get more like 1 popup each time I click something... of course it might because you only click once per hour

...better get my popup killer installed again...
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I was getting some PUs as well. Try to determine who the offending advertizer is. If it pops up at the beginning of the page load then it is probably the banner advertizer.
                      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

That's weird...........I just used IE to see what all the fuss was about and I got one popup at the start, then no more.

Comment

Yeah bags of pop-ups. I thought gator had been banned from the site.
                          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I'm getting more PUs too.
                            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Holy f****** pop ups Batman. Guess I am not the only one.
                              Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Working...
                              X