X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Firewall kills the pop ups for me.

Comment

I'm using IE and no problem, only the usual two at startup.

Comment

**shrug** I've received three pop-up ads since coming to 'Poly roughly seven minutes ago. I managed to nab the addresses of at least two of them (I have IE-Mac 5.1 set so they can't just deposit cookies willy-nilly w/o me knowing about it). The possible offenders are:

.z1.adserver.com

.gator.com

Hopefully this information will prove useful to whoever might care.

Gatekeeper
        "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

OK, I just got nailed by two more pop-up ads, both from eBay. I also had to decline more cookies from:

.qksrv.net

.commission-junction.com/

.mediaplex

I'm outta here for the timebeing. Work beckons ...

Gatekeeper
          "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

This has been discussed to death. Change your viewing style to Ultra Special, and you should receive less PU's.

Asmodean
            Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I had lots of pop-ups with the special style, but now that I am back to standard, I get only one per day + one each time I click a link.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

.commission-junction.com

You poor MSIE users will get that one catched by Ad-aware and Spybot S&D.
                "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
                  This has been discussed to death. Change your viewing style to Ultra Special, and you should receive less PU's.

Asmodean
                  Or, one could download the new Google Bar which has a built in popup-blocker without the bloatware or spyware.
                  Where can you get this marvelous tool? Here:

Google Toolbar is no longer available for installation. Instead, you can download and install Google Chrome. Uninstall Toolbar Open Internet Explorer. Next to Options&nbs

Unfortunately, its for Internet Explorer only.
                  Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                  Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean

Asmodean
                    I have been using Ultra special for over a year, yet all of the sudden I'm getting PUs.

Try again.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Odd. Using Moz and ain't gotten a thing. I'll sign in on IE though

EDIT: I'm going to put an outside link here to test some more. It is indeed likely all you guys just got infected with spyware OR you're getting it from another app or site.
                      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I'm using "Default-Ultra Special-Civ3" and recieving no more popups than usual in either browser.
                        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                          Unfortunately, its for Internet Explorer only.
                          opera can already do all those things....

Comment

And so can Mozilla.
                            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Is the recent increasing in popups in my pc related to my switching to the default style?! How could I see the last poster name and still keep the ultra light style?
                              Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Petition the admin to make a new style!

/me signs the petition
                                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                                X