Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you turn off civ group icons and flags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you turn off civ group icons and flags?

If there were control panel options for turning off the civgroup icons and the flags, would you turn them off?

I would turn of civ groups definitely and flags maybe.
    ...turn off civ group icons
    51.72%
    ...maybe turn off civ group icons
    6.90%
    ...not turn off civ group icons
    10.34%
    ...turn off flag icons
    3.45%
    ...maybe turn off flag icons
    3.45%
    ...not turn off flag icons
    24.14%
    American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
    I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
    Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
    XGalaga.

I'd rather not turn anything off . . .

But of those I think I could ditch the civgroups.
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

I'd turn off people who don't know how to make multi-choice polls when they clearly need them.
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I wouldn't turn them off simply because with avatars gone, the flags and civgroup icons are the easiest way to identify a person without actually reading their name

Comment

I want an option to turn off pointless polls.

Comment

I would turn off civ-group icons way before flags, assuming that either would help around the same amount.

Flags are one of my major ways of telling who posted what without avatars.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Civ groups good, flags pointless.

Comment

Spikey, you got the two the wrong way around.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

No it was you, Antipodean!

Comment

Civgroups are like medals on a Generals dress uniform.
                    They look pretty but don't provide much real information. And some people have gone overboard.

RAH
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Drop the civ groups; who really needs them anyways? But if they're dropped, how much bandwidth would really be saved?

Comment

Well, in the case of a few,(Apocalypse), it would save as much as an avatar.
                        American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                        I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                        Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                        XGalaga.

Comment

Yep, have you seen trip's lately?
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I was the person who resized it actually. I haven't been here long enough to be sure but I think it fits him perfectly.
                            XGalaga.

Comment

Apocalypse is another one.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X