No announcement yet.

Opening a new forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the characters are already in the game, it doesn't matter about visibility as much as with other threads. There is a +1 incentive as well as fowarding the story, not to mention the thread will be near the top of the Story/Diplo forum constantly.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

How about if there wasn't a +1 incentive?
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns There is a +1 incentive
        You haven't a clue. Why on earth did you mention that?

Comment

Skanky, If the mods think that's your only reason for starting a new section... they can VERY EASILY set the section's posts not to count toward your total

and give you a PCR in the bargain
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
            Skanky, If the mods think that's your only reason for starting a new section... they can VERY EASILY set the section's posts not to count toward your total

and give you a PCR in the bargain
            They are a clever bunch, aren't they.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
              +1's would be nice to get for the game, but it doesn't matter too much to me. Considering I'm not in this one and the one I'm in is already in the Stories/Diplo forum.
              I already covered that bit. I don't care about it for myself - the posts for my game actually count.

How about if there wasn't a +1 incentive?

Well, they would have to put up with the lesser +0 incentive.
              Last edited by Skanky Burns; August 11, 2003, 00:59.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I don't care so much about +1's as I do about interest in the game. If there are several games in OT and Stories/Diplo then someone's bound to notice and consider a DnD forum. I'd feel a little guilty invading another forum just to gain attention for the cause. Then I'd just be bumping someone else's threads off the page in their own forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Seldon
                  I don't care so much about +1's as I do about interest in the game. If there are several games in OT and Stories/Diplo then someone's bound to notice and consider a DnD forum. I'd feel a little guilty invading another forum just to gain attention for the cause. Then I'd just be bumping someone else's threads off the page in their own forum.

Look in the Stories/Diplo forum. There are currently only 5 threads active in the last 10 days. I don't think you would have to worry about bumping a thread off the first page.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The D&D thread is the most active one in there.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Heck, D&D may end up saving that forum...
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Some of the guys feel there's better visibility for the DnD threads in OTF. I think we could spam the OT forum to redirect DnD traffic to stories and diplomacy.

Comment

And I think we can give heavy PCRs to those that do.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

rah- I remember that's what killed Sirotnikov's international game you fiends moving everything to the diploforum, then not allowing anyone to spam for them...

even the NESers stories died there
                            -->Visit CGN!
                            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

If they died... it was because of lack of interest

Being in the OTF does have it's advantages.
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

What international game?
                                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                                X