Opening a new forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening a new forum

How can one go about requesting this? There've been alot of DnD threads in the OT and with all the other flotsam they're hard to keep up with. Mind, I'm not saying it's totally necessary but would be nice all the same. Maybe a subforum of the OTF? Is that even possible with vBulletin

I'd suggest you present your idea here as good as you can. You better have good arguments I'm afraid. But what does "DnD" stand for? Subforums is possible btw, just look at the Dinosaur forum.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Dungeons and Dragons. It's a pen and paper RPG. Ever played?

Comment

Nope. Does sound as something it'd be good to have in the "Other games" section though.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Why don't you play in the Other Games forum? You'd get quite a few +1's as well

Asking for a new forum is tricky, you have to ask nicely, but sometimes Mark and Dan are so busy they forget, but if you send them a reminder, you come out sounding whiney, so they ignore you.

Comment

So would I ask Rah to move it from OTF to Other Games in the meantime? I think a consensus would need to be reached with the other players first because there's more than one game going and I am but one man. Hopefully, Mark or Dan will notice this thread and weigh in with an opinion.

Comment

I think Ming said that 2 active DnD threads were allowed at any one time in the OTF. That should be easy to keep up with. Or do you really need more than that?
              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I think Ming said that 2 active DnD threads were allowed at any one time in the OTF. That should be easy to keep up with. Or do you really need more than that
                It's just that they slip off the page. Plus, there are other threads detailing character stats, spells, and other archana that's being double and triple posted because no one wants to dig through nonupdated OT pages to find them. Unless a new forum brings a tremendous amount of overhead, I would assume this would be a better solution.

Comment

All you really need to do is PM DanQ or Markos, and back up your request with solid facts. For instance, a precursory glance at CtP-Multiplaying will show that threads with "SLII, SL2, or SuperLeague II" in the title, pretty much own the forum, and are kicking out the other threads which have been there before.

This is an example of a reason to request a sub-forum. However, they usually request that a reasonable number (e.g. 12) PM Dan/Markos to state they will be using this forum.

Looking at the DnD situation, I doubt it will reach the first criterion, and your best bet is to move it to Other Games

Comment

Move it to Other Games. Nationstates got its own forum after invading Stories & Diplomacy, maybe you could try that.

Comment

Stick it in the Stories/Diplomacy section. That's my advice As long as you aren't afraid that it'll die off. hopefully the diplogamers complaints will get you your own fora before long
                      -->Visit CGN!
                      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

As I stated earlier when this subject came up before, there isn't enough activity to justify it's own forum at this time. Even if you had multiple threads on a single game, it still wouldn't amount to the activity that would warrent a seperate forum.

The site already has a lot of features that allow you to find threads that have slipped off the first page.. such as the my thread feature... So far it seems to be working well in the OTF. One advantage is that you get more visibility. Many games have been moved off the OTF and have died a quick death. Be Happy.

Let's see what happens...
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Either move it to the Stories/Diplo forum, the Other games forum, or let it be for the moment. +1's would be nice to get for the game, but it doesn't matter too much to me. Considering I'm not in this one and the one I'm in is already in the Stories/Diplo forum.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I would say put it in the Stories/Diplo forum, as things in OT drop off the board rapidly and it's nice to be able to view some of the older threads.
                            Visit First Cultural Industries
                            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

But, as ming mentioned, more visability in the OT.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X