Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Difference Between Clicking on the Thread Name and on the Little Envelope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, so what's the arrow before the name of the thread about? And why does it only exist on some threads?
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

It sends you to the last post (it thinks) you saw in the thread. Threads that have no newer posts don't have the arrow either.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I guess I am but a noob as well , I had no idea about the envelopes either .
        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I knew about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
            I guess I am but a noob as well
            If only I had room in my sig...

I knew you could click on the envelopes, but not about the search engine stuff

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO1003
              Okay, so what's the arrow before the name of the thread about? And why does it only exist on some threads?
              It sends you directly to the first unread post.

Cool thing about envelopes though...

--Kon--
              Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

I knew about the search spiders links, but I never quite figured out how I got to them (usually by accident).

cool

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                  It sends you to the last post (it thinks) you saw in the thread. Threads that have no newer posts don't have the arrow either.
                  Why doesn't this direct you to the last post you've read? That would be much more usefull.
                  For a long time I thought this was how it worked.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

It tries to. The problem is it doesn't always know exactly what posts you have read or not.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

/me wonders how he could have missed the envelope thingy...
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                      X