Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Difference Between Clicking on the Thread Name and on the Little Envelope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Difference Between Clicking on the Thread Name and on the Little Envelope?

When clicking on the name of the top thread in this forum :

When clicking on the envelope near the thread name :

What's the difference? Is there any?
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

No.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The HTML link is a hack meant for search engines.

Search engines aren't very fond of PHP and all sorts of other dynamic stuff. The HTML link simply redirects you to the "normal" thread page, but search engines will also be able to find it (and thus index it).
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Smart.
        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I'm four years on Apolyton, and only now I find out it's possible to click on the enveloppes...
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I never noticed that, either.

Neat.

Comment

Noobs.
              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                I'm four years on Apolyton, and only now I find out it's possible to click on the enveloppes...
                Cool, the envelopes do something..........

Comment

I never new that...

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                    Well, that feature isn't four years old. I believe Markos added it somethime during the Settler I era. But I might be wron on the timeline, but it's not that old.
                    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Didn't knew that either.. nice.
                      >>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

Comment

Why is the current server called Settler II and not Engineer?
                        Visit First Cultural Industries
                        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Evolution, not a revolution
                          -

/me sticks up his hand too for being enveloppe ignorant
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

* geeslaka refuses to admit he was envelope ignorant
                            American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                            I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                            Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                            XGalaga.

Comment

/me blames himself for being envelope ignorant
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                              X